Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

theres a tiny dent in my hayabusa tank so last night i thought id try and push it out ;now i know why the guy i bought it off got rid after owning it for 6 weeks the tank is rusty inside but my mate who restores old kwak triples says its not all bad news and is treatable for about £30 censoredcensoredcensored

best get it done before it gets to the fuel lines not good news

bad news stan,this is what i used on the xj900 tank although i got the kit for a larger tank (22litres) bit of a faff but works a treat,just dont use petseal it peels off in your tank Shocked , this stuffs the business m8 thumbs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POR15-Motorcycle-Bike-Fuel-Petrol-Tank-Repair-Kit-NEW-S215-/160868435314?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2574818572

quick look round ebay and theyre going for about £100.think if it was my bike I would be more inclined to get another tank rather than coating it inside.

ahh what an arse. things like this i mush check tomorrow on the kwak.

if you can mate id say get a new tank. otherwise the coatings your only choice.

quick look round ebay and theyre going for about £100.think if it was my bike I would be more inclined to get another tank rather than coating it inside.

if you got the option get a new tank ,tanks for the xj are like hens teeth thumbs

thanks for all the advice peeps looked at getting an ebay tank and tbh they all seem to have some damage or rust i think ill try lees method first and see how it goes mainly cos its free thumbs

My personal choice would be to look for another
Tank. Just watch which one. All gen 1's look the
same but they are not. Some have internal,
some external fuel pumps. Early models are
different, be warned. Gen1's were sold up to
07/08 so not all tanks are that old.

Lots of Busa motors end up in mini cars /
Kit cars / race and hill climb cars. They are
A great source of unwanted parts.

Bummer..I bought an 07 Bandit 1250 about a year ago with 2k on the clock.It wasnt running right over 6k revs.I found this..

It cost me £630 for a new tank. Sad

i remember that cos i dashed in the garage to check my 1250 but it was ok fortunately Shocked

We used to use Petseal been around for years.

Dont forget a mixture of sand and water,makes a good abrasive compound

then the wifes Laughing tumble dryer can play a good part,when she is out shopping of course hide

@lee wrote:
Dont forget a mixture of sand and water,makes a good abrasive compound

then the wifes Laughing tumble dryer can play a good part,when she is out shopping of course hide
I burnt mel's hair dryer out drying my matchless tank inbetween treatments girlsoapbox

ShockedShocked i just put my tank beside the coal fire to dry,it had been washed out first Laughingthumbs

This seems to be a bigger problem in the UK that it does out here.
Which initialy seem's a bit odd as our humidity levels are sky high
and stuff rusts pretty quick out here.
I wonder if its partly due to bikes being stored up over winter with
empty tanks and not getting regular use ?

I agree Tony . I also think its caused by condensation forming on the inside of the tank at night , we was told about this years ago when i was on a heavy plant course and was advised to fill the tanks of the vehicles up before going home as it prevents condensation forming and water collecting in the bottom of the tank . I have now got into the habit of filling my bike up before I put it away.

when I purchased my b12 I noticed that the water drain plug round the fuel cap was blocked and when it rained the water would collect round the cap, come refuelling time the water would then run into the tank when the cap was opened.
I caught this too late and the tank sprung a leak at the seam by the seat,I tried to repair it however i ended up replacing it in the end.