Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

indicator help

okay im after some ideas for those imaginative ones of you! Wink

im getting arace undertray and putting my numberplate further under and at a more extreme angle to make the bike look sleeker, but the decent bracket i want to use doesnt accomondate indicators its cnc ally.

so i need 3 ideas

a way to mount indicators on

any flush mount ones? i was tempted to put led strips onto the pillion hangers but i could see local plod and vosa checks being a bit funny to be honest, along with no baffle, tinted visor and odds and soddds Wink

or another bracket anyone may know of? only ones with indicators i can find are the thin steel black ones from oxford, and motrax but in the past ive found them so flimsey that th numberplate worse loose etc.

any ideas welcome thanks thumbs

Have seen some with the leds mounted fronm the inside of the fairing, but u would have to cut a hole in plastis. They are still very bright and last longer than bulbs.

@haveugot1 wrote:
Have seen some with the leds mounted fronm the inside of the fairing, but u would have to cut a hole in plastis. They are still very bright and last longer than bulbs.

i would but ive just put lots of fresh shiney paint on the bike ShockedLaughing

i was tempted to put led strips onto the pillion hangers

This looks ace if it done well, with the LEDs mounted inside the casting and showing through neatly drilled holes.

Plan B, If the undertray projects below the rear side fairings, then you can either fit some flush mounts to the side, or just drill through, add some reinforcement and bolt up indicators as normal.

Plan C, get some engineering place to make you one to your design to order. Personally, if I was going to faff around this qould be my preferred option.

orderd the nice bracket with no mounts, and im going to make indicator mount from some ally thumbs

I might have some stainless steel strip at work I think it's about 30mm wide by 3mm thick and about 12 inches long, would that be any good to mount your indicators.
cheers.

@phil read wrote:
I might have some stainless steel strip at work I think it's about 30mm wide by 3mm thick and about 12 inches long, would that be any good to mount your indicators.
cheers.

Thanks for offer mate but a friend has some ally I'm using Smile