Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Taking a test ride Sunday....

I won't be buying a Bking-one thing my next urban bike will not have is a 4 cylinder engine. That's what limits my choice. Pretty much looks like a V twin or triple. Smile

Isn't it lovely to have this problem of choice .

Enjoy playing the dealers and the experience of picking your next

Ride. There's no better feeling thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
I won't be buying a Bking-one thing my next urban bike will not have is a 4 cylinder engine. That's what limits my choice. Pretty much looks like a V twin or triple. Smile

Isn't it lovely to have this problem of choice .

Enjoy playing the dealers and the experience of picking your next

Ride. There's no better feeling thumbs
fair play alan , it took me 2 years to find the right bike for me , but had fun looking thumbs

@madcarper wrote:
if you liked the touno have you thought about ducati monster i tried one and would buy one tommorow if my hands could handle the vibes off a twin.

@madcarper wrote:
if you liked the touno have you thought about ducati monster i tried one and would buy one tommorow if my hands could handle the vibes off a twin.

I'd never touch a Ducati. Don't much like the trellis frame on the Monster either. the Tuono frame/swingarm look very good. The other good thing about Aprilia is that the engine is made in Austria, which makes it almost German Laughing I was quite taken aback by it's smoothness, and it has an excellent reputation for reliability and longevity. thumbs

Loved the tuono, was going to get the factory last of the V2's but decided against it. the 1000 monster is a seriously good bike, vibes are not bad at all ( unless your riding at 1.5/2k rpm and juddering like mad! ) Have a test ride on a 1000 S2R or the 1100 before making your mind up, they really are surprising bike! Don't let it put you off by being Italian thumbs

one thing to be very careful of on the Aprilia,theres a sprag clutch on the starter motor that can go and it costs a fair bit to repair,the one thing that makes it go is trying to start the motor with a flat battery.

Well, I finally took that Aprilia Tuono out today. Long story short, if I had to make a choice today I'd go for a Speed Triple. That said, I can see myself owning a Tuono, but I think they may take a bit more getting used to. No rush, keep checking on t'internet but a nice 08-09 S3 in orange is looking like the front runner just at present. Smile

Pidcocks of Long Eaton are moving to a massive new Triumph showroom this month. Will have a look when it opens