Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdhillug03

ebay special

Well he's got 400+ positive feedback.

But why does he want one with a v5 ? Has he been having hassle and wants to pass it on to some one else to have the hassle ? prison

if its cat b its been rocoverd then. 4 digits gone and due to not being able to restamp a frame by law they write the frame off?

I think the last four digits will be removed due to cat b,the insurance may have asked this to be done instead of cutting the head stock off

@lee wrote:
I think the last four digits will be removed due to cat b,the insurance may have asked this to be done instead of cutting the head stock off

didnt know they did that? mate bought back his zx6r cat b back as frome was bent like a booger and nubers were there. and dave sutton who did join here he bought back his rs125 cat b. unless its due to it not going to auction?

personally that wouldnt worry me above, if i get this free cbr600 i know the history it was scrapped as electrics are boogerd but i want it as a track toy.

This what should happen or use to happen to cat b

The following conditions are in place for all Category B vehicles. Please ensure these conditions are maintained in all cases:

1.A CoD should be completed using the DVLA online system for all Category B vehicles purchased from Bluecycle
2.Details of the CoD should be forwarded to Bluecycle within one month of the vehicle purchase
3.A copy of the CoD should be retained for possible further auditing
4.Motorcycles are required to have the headstock removed from the frame. This should be retained and will be subject to further auditing
5.All vehicles with a separate cab and chassis are required to have the chassis section holding the stamped VIN cut out. This should be retained for further auditing

Original post in this thread seems quite normal.

He's bought a writen-off bike that still go's
OK but cant be re-registered for the road
(but is great for a race track)

and now he wants a trackday bike he CAN
register on the road.

I know several folk here and in the UK using
insurance write-of's as race bikes.

Cat b's should be broken for parts not sold on as track bikes. Scrap dealers are forbidden to sell the bike as a whole hence the digits being filed off. Because it cant be traced back to him once seized. No number no trace!

The guy wants rid of the bike because its dodgy and if the police come to a track day it bye bye bike as he has no V% can never get a V5 and to make it even worse the frame numbers damaged.

The person who buys this bike is playing with fire as the police will just seize it full stop!

So this is dodgy!

Cat b's should be broken for parts not sold on as track bikes. Scrap dealers are forbidden to sell the bike as a whole hence the digits being filed off. Because it cant be traced back to him once seized. No number no trace!

The guy wants rid of the bike because its dodgy and if the police come to a track day it bye bye bike as he has no V% can never get a V5 and to make it even worse the frame numbers damaged.

The person who buys this bike is playing with fire as the police will just seize it full stop!

So this is dodgy!

Categories Of Write-Off
An explanation of the categories of write-off are listed below:

Category A
A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts.

Category B
A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road.

Category C
An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D
A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category F
A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair. Theft These vehicles have not been recovered and ownership rests with the insurer who made the total loss payment. They are able to repossess the car as soon as it is identified, even if it has been bought innocently.