Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Breakfast at Yonderman's

I was thinking of having a quick blat round & a breakfast butty at the Yonderman Cafe tomorrow. Won't be out too long because, as ever, I'm up to the tits in work which has to be started tomorrow. Any takers? Smile

I'll be walking the dogs in the morning then if its nice sunny

I'll be going for a wobble round for a couple of hours with She that must be obeyed riding shotgun Laughing

Back home in time for the MotoGP Very Happy So, as my unofficial survey of Peak District breakfast venues continues, how does the Yondermann Cafe stack up? Not great TBH. Pretty slow service, and my standard test dummy (bacon, egg & mushroom butty) was palatable but pretty damn greasy. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go again.
Not too many bikes outside, this one was the pick of the litter for me. Bought one of these new in 1976.

Took the wee road back via Miller's Dale. This is the climb out from the cafe. I passed a likely looking little place in Litton which I may have to try sometime.

You might be sure I'd finish up here....

Then over the cattle grids, past High Edge Raceway. What an eyesore that place is BTW, ruins the entire landscape.

From there it was A53 south until Longnor, then home along the Via Gellia, which had a camera van on it both when I went out and came back finger
Didn't do any pics as everywhere was minging with cyclists and caravans so just knocked off those few miles to Matlock Bath & the turn for home. About 100 miles. thumbs

Nice one Alan thumbs pity bout breakkie roll, tbh it cant be that hard to make decent grub ffs, were all the same we give all these cafe a chance and those that dont brush up we never visit again thumbsthumbs

Looks like ya had a good run out,bike looks well thumbsthumbs

cracking pics alan and good write up thumbsthumbs
when i was out yesterday i didnt get the chance to stop much and take pics as appleby horse fairs on and the whole place was heaving with travellers and horses