Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

08-09 busa gen 2 rear shock spring Wanted

At a guess Dave I'd say  yes. I'll fish it out tonight if I get time & do you a pic. Got a lot of work to sort though before I go back on the road tomorrow.  Smile

At a guess Dave I'd say  yes. I'll fish it out tonight if I get time & do you a pic. Got a lot of work to sort though before I go back on the road tomorrow.  Smile
cheers m8 thumbs

That looks like my pic of Gen2 Busa and B-King shocks side by side???? The Busa spring is about 10mm longer but will just about fit on the B-King shock body to give a reasonable range of preload adjustment. You will probably need to increase the compression and rebound damping to max or near max settings to complement the spring which is about 35% stiffer than stock. I think the spring rates are in the order of 9.7kg/mm for B-King and 13.4kg/mm for Busa spring.

You're welcome to come down to me one weekend and we'll try my shock on your bike no1

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

@ptolemyx wrote:
That looks like my pic of Gen2 Busa and B-King shocks side by side???? The Busa spring is about 10mm longer but will just about fit on the B-King shock body to give a reasonable range of preload adjustment. You will probably need to increase the compression and rebound damping to max or near max settings to complement the spring which is about 35% stiffer than stock. I think the spring rates are in the order of 9.7kg/mm for B-King and 13.4kg/mm for Busa spring.

You're welcome to come down to me one weekend and we'll try my shock on your bike no1

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

yes it is your pic Brian its the only pic that i know is a gen2 one thumbs  and thanks for the offer m8 , hopefully Alan s shock is the one and i can do a deal with him thumbs:twisted:

do you know what the gen2 spring length is brian ?

@Davehutch wrote:
Well, I paid £40 for it originally. How close can you get to that dude? Smile

£39. Is this the gen 2 one then m8 ?

TBH Dave I don't know, I can't remember what year bike it came off. do you want the whole shock or are you having it gutted for the spring? Might be an idea to borrow it & get an opinion from someone in the know. confused

@Davehutch wrote:
Well, I paid £40 for it originally. How close can you get to that dude? Smile

£39. Is this the gen 2 one then m8 ?

TBH Dave I don't know, I can't remember what year bike it came off. do you want the whole shock or are you having it gutted for the spring? Might be an idea to borrow it & get an opinion from someone in the know. confused

not sure yet , may try the whole thing , then if not happy change the spring , but it has to be the gen 2 one , what condition is it in also ?

Condition is good mate, not got rust & flaky paint. Next rideout take it back with you, sale or return. Smile

@Davehutch wrote:
Condition is good mate, not got rust & flaky paint. Next rideout take it back with you, sale or return. Smile

can i pick it it up ? Very Happy

Yes mate, although I'm working away so won't be home until tomorrow earliest. I'll PM you my work phone number as my phone has spazzed out, can't get numbers off or anything. angry

@Davehutch wrote:

can i pick it it up ? Very Happy

Yes mate, although I'm working away so won't be home until tomorrow earliest. I'll PM you my work phone number as my phone has spazzed out, can't get numbers off or anything. angry

ok m8 just been looking on e-bay at pre 08 busa shocks and post 08 busa shocks and they all look the same to me , all i know is the gen 2 one is longer/heavier