Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Bit of a rant!

Nearly every night I hear this one bike going past the road adjacent to ours, hitting the rev limiter in at least 3 gears. At first I thought, ah its just someone out for a quick blast down the dual carriageway, but it wasn't. A few weeks ago I spotted the bike outside our house after this 'racing' stint he likes to do. Turns out its a cbr 600 which is owned by a 'friend' of the corner shop. The guy rides it in t-shirts and trousers, no gloves and the best bit of all? 2 up with his mate in the same kind of clothes ( hot weather its just shorts and T's or shorts and no T's! ) and not wearing a helmet... I was actually shocked when I seen it.

Why is it, people like that don't get caught yet people riding normally in all the proper gear who accidentally do a few miles over the limit get screwed over?

On the way home yesterday there were 2 speed camera vans, well when I say vans I mean, 2 cops sitting on a blind corner down a hill were it is easy to creep over the limit by a mile or 2, and the other hiding behind a car at the bottom of another hill pointing up. I don't see a problem with camera vans, its just the fact they are hiding them the best they can to catch as many innocent drivers as they can!

// end of little rant!

There is always a nerd like that in most neighbourhoods fr499y, but it only takes a phone call to upset his apple cart---or a question of time before he kills himself(or someone innocent)..
Best the 'phone call 1st??.
I don't like grassing to plod, but reporting this---may save someone's life..
(prob' drink involved an'all)

As for camera vans---there is one parked just down near my gaff, almost every Sunday---out for the day making his overtime money.(tossers)censored censored 
They should be called cash cameras,not safety cameras---safety doesn't come into it, 'tis our money they're after. soapbox 
Cool

There is someone that rockets down my street Rolling Eyes people like this give motorcyclists a bad name, most bikers are great people who ride very safely and respect other road users. These people who abuse their bikes and act like censored should be banned from owning and riding motorcycles.

I have often thought about getting a helmet cam and sending footage to the police, but whether they would actually do anything with it....

if its p****ng you off imagine what the average bike hating public think, they hear a loud fast motorbike then a few days later see you then its your fault as far as theyre concerned, might be worth a quiet word in his ear and if that doesn't work grass him up, its for his own good and the safety of his passengers.