Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

cleaning products?

what cleaning stuf and polishes do you guys reccomed, my bikes all mopped up etc, and ive just run out of a polish i was using but i fancy trying something else. any recomendations??

They say 3m is the best butbi also use poorboys black hole polish and carnuba wax.

Do a search for "mantis shine dry clean" I know dry clean is against every thing your taught , but it is the best stuff I have used , can't recommend it enough ,if you do a search on here think I done a thread on it

Just use Autoglym wash then Carnauba wax polish on tank and plastics! but to be honest Chad we should be coming to you for advice after the shine you got on the zx mate! thumbs  thumbs 

Just use Autoglym wash then Carnauba wax polish on tank and plastics! but to be honest Chad we should be coming to you for advice after the shine you got on the zx mate! thumbs  thumbs 

That's from a mop mate, if I keep doing that ill have no paint left and its very messy compound. At work we use wax top which is great on freshly compounded paint but once its been washed a couple of times doesn't have same properties, and can be a nightmare I've found so want to maintain its shine Smile

Pledge or Mr Sheene.
Solvol Autosol or Mothers Metal polish.
WD40.

Only things that I use.
Often told they're not idea.
No dramas in the last 34 years.

but deffo NOT stardrops apparently

I use Mer is not bad but pricey imo

NOOOO!!! don't use pledge or mr fecking sheen. speaking as a painter they are the worst things you can put on your paintwork.
allright until you need some paintwork done but as they are full of silicone they're a fecking nightmare to painters.

@madcarper wrote:
NOOOO!!! don't  use pledge or mr fecking sheen. speaking as a painter they are the worst things you can put on your paintwork.
allright until you need some paintwork done but as they are full of silicone they're a fecking nightmare to painters.

at work we did an x5, he had used a turtlewax true black stuff and it was slimey with solocone! we did everything to prevent it, and to get it off and silicones still came through, took 4 attempts of painting untill they were pretty much gone Sad 

I have just cleaned my bike ,and its like new , I have used hundreds of products over the years , and can not recommend "mantis shine " enough it great for a quick wipe over , but for a top job , i wash the bike first let it dry then use this , it really is the top stuff thumbs