Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Mallory Park under threat

Hinckley & Bosworth Council has voted through restrictions that the manager has said will mean the track will become an untenable business proposition. I suspect there are moves afoot to put the area to other use Suspect where a few individuals will no doubt trouser a handsome profit. Epetition is here:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46739

This weeks meeting has limited them to 90 something
Days a year that they are allowed to make noise.
They can't run on that many days.

I vote that if they have to close,
It's either turned into a Quarry or a Gypsy camp
after all the locals don't want a race track.

signed. fecking noise police are everywhere sure they have there part to play in society but come on! how long has that track been there and most of the local people have accepted and lived with it ,and what about the job losses surely the council should be protecting local jobs. the same thing happened to motorcross there are vey few tracks around nowadays. the usa have the right mindset and allow people to access and use there national parks for all kinds of leisure activities.

Well i hope they build a load of houses there and a load of chavs move in ....then they'd wished the track was still there thumbs thumbs 

@madcarper wrote:
signed. fecking noise police are everywhere sure they have there part to play in society but come on! how long has that track been there and most of the local people have accepted and lived with it ,and what about the job losses surely the council should be protecting local jobs. the same thing happened to motorcross there are vey few tracks around nowadays. the usa have the right mindset and allow people to access and use there national parks for all kinds of leisure activities.

From what I understand the track has been there for 50 years and it will mean the loss of nearly 150 jobs.  I agree with Stue and others, fill it with chavs and pikeys