Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

whats the best thing....

to do with this ? its the frame for my screen started to go rusty , how do i stop it and do i try and spray it myself or get it powder coated or something , what would you do ?

send mr Suzuki an abusive email censored or satin hammerite

in that case is the screen removable from the mount? if so I would use fine wire wool or wet and dry to smooth it down and spray over with hammerite silk thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
in that case is the screen removable from the mount? if so I would use fine wire wool or wet and dry to smooth it down and spray over with hammerite silk thumbs 
yes it will come off the bike and I think the screen will bolt off too

@dick65 wrote:

agree

Go in to Loughborough and buy a satin black paint pen from the art shop up church gate, you can then paint it with out removing any thing and zero over spray.

if you want durability go the powdercoat way or take it off rub out the rust with abrasive paper scotchbrite the rest to key it and get some hamerite smooth if you brush it on don,t put it on too heavy do it in two coats but wait till the first coat is almost dry use a decent brush and it goes on pretty smooth and is harder wearing than airosols. give it a good 24 hours to dry properly before handling though dave.

take it down wigston and get it smoke chromed for that fancy look.

@Davehutch wrote:
Thanks all , had a quote for powder coating today £20 , so think that's the way to go

Sounds a reasonable price mate. Will you be able to keep the bike still long enough to take it off   thumbs   Laughing   thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
Thanks all , had a quote for powder coating today £20 , so think that's the way to go

Sounds a reasonable price mate. Will you be able to keep the bike still long enough to take it off   thumbs   Laughing   thumbs
haha, going to sort it in the winter

@Davehutch wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

haha, going to sort it in the winter

Now I understand thumbs  thumbs 

Done a good job dave. I was going to pwder coat my wheels but ian is doing them for me now cos I want a candy flip colour.

hide sorry ian I know its a pain but it will look well Wink 

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
is it just yamahas that have anodised wheels?
how can you tell ?
not sure if they all have but
the stuff I have on the Ace and Cat says they have also heard off local Yamaha centre plus theres no paint flaking off Laughing thumbs thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Done a good job dave. I was going to pwder coat my wheels but ian is doing them for me now cos I want a candy flip colour.

you can get some trick powder coating mark my lad got some car wheels done in powder coat chrome it looks like mother of pearl Cool 

@haveugot1 wrote:

agree  will look good Mark! thumbs 
Done a great job with the bracket Dave. Cool 

@haveugot1 wrote:

Should look good mate thumbs  thumbs 

If it does I may know another set that want doing Wink  Wink  applause 

Bracket looks good Dave thumbs  thumbs  thumbs