Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

Sunday 8th September

Weather feels like it's starting to change so thought I might try a last "group" ride out. Not sure of exactly where, or numbers yet, but thought something simple. As a rough guide:

Pick-up in Stockton/Billingham/Darlington then - Middleton Tyas - Richmond - Catterick - Bellerby (Cafe stop) - Leyburn - Bedale - A1 - Squires Cafe (Cafe Stop) - A19 - Thirsk (Tea Stop) - Northallerton - Darlington

My only concern is the bit from Bedale to Squires. The route along the A1 puts us on there for about 30-35m, not the ideal way of travelling on a bike Sad  I'm open to alternative routes between the two confused 

Or an alternative route to ride.

@dick65 wrote:
what time you thinking of setting off m8 thumbs 

Probably leave Darlington about 10 mate (nothing to pack so should be on time Embarassed ) but nothing fixed as yet.

@dick65 wrote:
Laughing Laughing 
I might be up for this m8  thumbs 

Would be good to catch up again mate thumbs . Going to text a few other lads as well, see if anyone else is interested thumbs 

Dont see why not mike will think of a new route as I don't like motorways. L

@haveugot1 wrote:

you'll be alright now mark fully faired up, just us proper hard bikers leave out the motorways. Wink 

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

you'll be alright now mark fully faired up, just us proper hard bikers leave out the motorways.  Wink 

No comment on that one mate thumbs  Shocked  Shocked 

just trying to think where to meet as I forgot where morrisons was Sad 

@dick65 wrote:
just trying to think where to meet as I forgot where morrisons was Sad 

Which way you coming in? Through Barnard Castle or from Scotch Corner? Given we're coming through Middleton Tyas, nothing stopping us meeting you at Scotch Corner?

was thinking coming barny way but if scotch corners easier m8 study 

@dick65 wrote:
was thinking coming barny way but if scotch corners easier m8 study 

Whatever's easiest mate. Coming from Barny, I would think it would be easiest to turn right at the Garden Centre then pick up the bypass and onto Morrisons. But I will defer to those with more local knowledge thumbs 

Just come through barny dick. Turn right at elm ridge garden centre round about follow road to next round about with car garage on corner then straight on for the a66. Morrisons on the left.

Had a great day out today with ian, dick and mike.

And mike u know u want a busa2thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:

thumbs thumbs  nice one

@haveugot1 wrote:

Two little words mate " BLOODY AWESOME" thumbs  Twisted Evil  thumbs  Twisted Evil 
Thanks for the bike swap over mate!  kiss  Cool

@haveugot1 wrote:

Two little words mate " BLOODY AWESOME" thumbs  Twisted Evil  thumbs  Twisted Evil 
Thanks for the bike swap over mate!  kiss  Cool

Mike. I reckon if you got your fairings painted up Mark would never notice the swap  thumbs   Wink   Wink

@haveugot1 wrote:
Mike wants to swap my bar ends for his I dont know if I should. hide Smile 

Couldn't comment mate. I'll leave that between you to sort. Never get between a man and his bar ends thumbs  Laughing  Laughing 

Got a couple of lads and possibly my Dad coming as well, so will meet them at Billingham about 09:30, get fuelled then meet at Morrisons Darlington for 10:00 and head off from there.

I'll start a roll call mid-week just to finalise attendees  thumbs

Promised my brother to help on an engine rebuild on his BMW, bent or dropped valves. Some plonker towed it all the way from Halifax (its an automatic angry  ) so transmission is probably knackered too, have to wait and see on that one. If we get it done or as far as we can I'll be there Mike, won't know until Saturday though! confused 

right I can't say either way till Saturday as our lucy goes back to uni a week tomorrow and eldest daughters supposed to be coming round Saturday for a send off party for lucy - it could go on a while Laughing 

Promised my brother to help on an engine rebuild on his BMW, bent or dropped valves. Some plonker towed it all the way from Halifax (its an automatic  angry  ) so transmission is probably knackered too, have to wait and see on that one. If we get it done or as far as we can I'll be there Mike, won't know until Saturday though!  confused 

@dick65 wrote:
right I can't say either way till Saturday as our lucy goes back to uni a week tomorrow and eldest daughters supposed to be coming round Saturday for a send off party for lucy - it could go on a while Laughing 

No problem lads. If things change drop me a text, or be at Morrisons in Darlo for 10:00. I'll probably be meeting a few lads in Billingham about 09:30 then fuel and head to Darlo for 10.

Fingers crossed for the weather and hopefully see you there  thumbs 

Enjoy the party Dick. Good luck to Lucy  thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Just come through barny dick. Turn right at elm ridge garden centre round about follow road to next round about with car garage on corner then straight on for the a66. Morrisons on the left.

cheers mark thumbs 

I was trying to organize it for Friday but no go - if there's any change i'll be at darlo for 10 thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
I was trying to organize it for Friday but no go - if there's any change i'll be at darlo for 10 thumbs 

No problem mate. Enjoy mate  thumbs 

If we don't see you, we'll know you enjoyed it a lot  thumbs   party   drunken drunken drunken   drinking   drinking   drunken drunken   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Could I just ask people to jot their name down if they're coming (just so I know who to expect thumbs )

Me + couple of mates (Ron + Pat)
My Dad (possible)

Not going to be able to make this one Mike sorry Sad  . Hope the weather holds and have a great day! thumbs  thumbs 

afraid I can't make this mike - but have a great ride and hope the weather holds thumbs thumbs 
always next time m8 thumbs 

No problem boys. Weather looks good, given it's rained today so hopefully not tomorrow  thumbs   thumbs 

Have a good one and we'll see if we can arrange another before the weather breaks too much  thumbs

should still be time to have a run before the years out m8 thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
should still be time to have a run before the years out m8 thumbs 

Should be mate. Look forward to catching up again thumbs  thumbs 

Have a good ride out mike, ive got chores and at work for 6pm so dont wanna rush you getting back. But as dick said we will be out again soon.thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
did you get out yesterday mike?

Sorry mate, been busy over Sunday/ Monday. Got out for a run, a nice 197m in total. Just me, my Dad and a mate. Followed what I was going to do so Darlington - Bellerby - Bedale - A1 - Squires Cafe - Thirsk - home. thumbs  thumbs 

Missed the turning off the A1, mainly because I strayed onto the M1 but then I tend to do that Embarassed  Embarassed 
Coming out of Squires back along the A64 missed the A19 turn off. I think I was looking a specific look of junction rather than reading the signs Embarassed . You live and learn thumbs  thumbs 

Got some photos which I will post up, hopefully tonight thumbs  thumbs 

nice one mike pleased you got out and got some decent miles in- thought it was just me who was good at getting lost Laughing Laughing Embarassed thumbs 
look forward to pics thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
nice one mike pleased you got out and got some decent miles in- thought it was just me who was good at getting lost Laughing Laughing Embarassed thumbs 

I'm terrible with directions, it took me a year of riding to the girlfriends before i managed to remember where to go!! lol

@fr499y wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
I'm terrible with directions, it took me a year of riding to the girlfriends before i managed to remember where to go!! lol
bet I could find hers I love you 

As promised, a few pics from Sunday:

Manor Cafe:

Thought it was Marks old one for a minute ...

Squires Cafe:

I love you   I love you   I love you   I love you 

Ian!! Is this your mates? scratch 

@dick65 wrote:
great pics mike and some nice classics in there thumbs 

Cheers mate. Seem to be seeing more of the older bikes (both British and Jap) out and about thumbs 

nice to see more older bikes about m8 thumbs 
my Ace is coming up to classic status Shocked Laughing 

Some great pics mike. It does look like mine feom a distance lol.

Ians is a suzuki mike:tum wee: fofl 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Some great pics mike. It does look like mine feom a distance lol.

Ians is a suzuki mike:tum wee: fofl 

No comment. Had trouble with my contact lenses all day thumbs  Shocked  Shocked