Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've got a HID conversion kit for the bike which I'm intending to put on. I believe they are "illegal", but has anyone had any problems with them? I'm determined to increase my chances of being seen, especially once I get the Power Commander fitted next year Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

Given I'm only usually out in daylight, can't see plod getting too upset, but anyone have any stories?

Fave most bulbs with a tint change colour of the light. Hid is a unit on back of a hid bulb Wink . Mike we won't use them down here. Mr plod hates them.

Fave most bulbs with a tint change colour of the light. Hid is a unit on back of a hid bulb Wink . Mike we won't use them down here. Mr plod hates them.
had what does the "HID" do then ?

get a nice xenon gassed bulb. I run a pair in all my bikes ( not got around to the xjr yet ) and they are brilliant. White light, very bright! couple quid on ebay for a H4 or H7 thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:
had what does the "HID" do then ?

High-intensity discharge = brighter light, but with the incorrect lenses you blind the shit out of everyone

What Matt said legal on cars if you have light washers or self levelers. On my car and bike I just use those bulbs with the rainbow tint

I fitted one to my Mrs's Gixxer last year. It's a lot more visible now and she's had less idiots pulling out in her. As for plod we never had any problems. Only thing I would say is don't put one in the high beam as they take a couple of seconds to warm up so they're no good to flash or when you need an instant boost to the light. I intended to fit one on my Ducati but never got around to it. It's sat in the hall now cluttering the place up. What bulbs does your bike take?

im running osram night racers - can see for miles with those on full beam thumbs thumbs 

Cant see ya having probs with the plod mike half of them probably don't even know what they are thumbs 

hid headlights were a £1000 option on my passat ;i got a kit for £116 and thought i had done well my son got the same kit for his car and got it for £20 slaphead 

A good few on the RF forum have put the car kit on they bike and you will have a spare one also thumbs thumbs 

Cheers all for the info thumbs  thumbs  thumbs 

@ Dave, no problem mate thumbs 

My bike uses the standard H4s I think. I've got the kit for the white with a slight blue tint in the bulb. I had a few this year pull out on me. I'm not exactly small, my bike is NOT a 125 and I've got the yellow sections on the jacket. It must take more effort NOT to see me confused  confused  So I've gone for these to try and raise my profile. Hopefully they will see me coming now.

I had a few this year pull out on me. I'm not exactly small, my bike is NOT a 125 and I've got the yellow sections on the jacket. It must take more effort NOT to see me  
the double decker busses round here ride around with their headlights on because people didn't see them at junctions and pulled out in front of them, and theyre painted white,20 feet tall and 10 feet wide.

I had a few this year pull out on me. I'm not exactly small, my bike is NOT a 125 and I've got the yellow sections on the jacket. It must take more effort NOT to see me  
the double decker busses round here ride around with their headlights on because people didn't see them at junctions and pulled out in front of them, and theyre painted white,20 feet tall and 10 feet wide.

affraid   affraid   affraid   affraid 

What chance do I have  scratch