Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

aaachoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

long story so here it goes.

i fitted some new glow plugs (l&r) 10 months ago, and it was always slow starting, people said bed them in so i left it through the summer,

as the cold weather started it was very slow starting so i was like hmm better sort it. was out saturday, went to go to work monday and it wouldnt start.

been full of cold all week so all i need, on tuesday got the solid bar out from work and got mum to tow me to work, so i could call the aa out Wink

he said low fuel pressure, he said try glow plugs, if not likely to be fuel pump or something along those lines. he put carb cleaner down a pipe near turbo? to get it started. so drove it home, and bought some glowplugs that night to get mechanics round corner to fit as its a busy week and im ill.

then next morning it wont even start on carb cleaner, so it was left, me and dad tried few times, last night no chance thou, so we towed it to work this morning, and being saturday tend to tinker with out own stuff, sort things with customers etc. so i spent the morning fitting them. started the car up touch of a button. revved its nutts off from all the fuel in the system etc. aboslute clouds of smoke and then it cleared,

now sweet as a nut, bit smokey when turbo kicks in but cats probably minging.

but lesson leanrt dont try fitting cheap bits, ngk plugs and it is fine!

Glad u got it sorted. Have u had it remapped?  Got my bmw done but I want to remove the dpf filter also.

no mate its only an old diesel pug. got a pod filter only because the stock one was broken,

got it till next march then on hunt for new car. wanted a drift car but i probably get in trouble like i tend to on the bike! so looking as the seat leon cupra r

i love accelerations but must admit im good for not going too fast, but something rear wheel drive id be too cheeky!

Nice 1 chad thumbs 

you could put a few shims on the turbo actuator and turn the fueling up a little on the pump to get a few more ponys Wink 

yeah easy way to do it for the 306 is shorten waste gate so either re thread it or bend it and wind the fuel pump up, is tempting but dont wana beak it

Chad, I'd advise you not to shag about with a 306 turbo unless you want to spend time under & over it. Is it the 1.9 with the intercooler above the engine? Bag of shite, and keep the oil clean otherwise they're prone to dieselling. Smile 

yeah 1.9 and your first person whos told me that mate, everyones told me their a bullet proof engine!??

yeah 1.9 and your first person whos told me that mate, everyones told me their a bullet proof engine!??
Was going to say my dads got the 1.9 estate 306 thats been *fiddled* no problems at all with reliabilty thumbs Full induction kit and tweaked turbo lol. My misses has the 2.0 306 so can compare the 2 pretty easily :P ( the 2.0 does seem to have more poke though Wink )

[quote="Chadatious"]yeah 1.9 and your first person whos told me that mate, everyones told me their a bullet proof engine!??[/quoteThey are if ya look after them

@lee wrote:
yeah 1.9 and your first person whos told me that mate, everyones told me their a bullet proof engine!??[/quoteThey are if ya look after them

same with any engine thou surely?

after being so flooded i think ill do the oil etc is due soon anyway.

does burn a bit of oil but not bad for a 16 year old densil