Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

Loose fairing sorted

been pulling the front of the bike apart today to sort an annoying loose fairing, while it was apart I found a lot of surface rust on the fairing bracket so that was rust protected and painted I thought the wobble was a worn bush in the top mount but it turned out the bottom mounting bolt was loose and just needed tightening up so it was all stripped for nothing really  head bang 

but at least the rust is sorted, and no more loose fairing!  bounce   thumbs

least you seen what was what mike coat of hammerite will sort that m8 thumbs I had to take my whole Ace apart to change a speedo cable  censored  gave it all a good clean up and I can report no rust  I love you

Nicely done mate  thumbs   thumbs  The ZX is currently fairing-less, just waiting for the gasket to be done. Will be starting the cleaning shortly  thumbs   thumbs Shocked 

@madsod wrote:
Nice job but for the cost why dont Suzuki powder coat ,  

Don't know Garry but I'd happily pay a little more for powder coating and stainless nuts and bolts!

@dick65 wrote:
least you seen what was what mike coat of hammerite will sort that m8 thumbs I had to take my whole Ace apart to change a speedo cable  censored  gave it all a good clean up and I can report no rust  I love you

Hammerite is what I used Dick, did the full bracket in the end. Would of been surprised for you to have found rust on the Ace Dick its immaculate!  Cool   thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
nice one mike glad u got it sorted. So when u selling it?

Suppose like you and Skelly when I find something I like better to replace it, it'll do for now mate, but I'm not going in a bike dealership with either of you two!  Wink 

Nicely done mate   thumbs    thumbs    The ZX is currently fairing-less, just waiting for the gasket to be done. Will be starting the cleaning shortly   thumbs    thumbs Shocked 

Always good to get the bike's clothes off every now and again Mike and give a good clean, hope the bike is fettled soon, although no hurry its freezing out there!  snow 

bloody lightweights im still riding  Laughing Laughing 
pleased you got the bike fettled mike  thumbs 

@dick65 wrote:
bloody lightweights im still riding  Laughing Laughing 
pleased you got the bike fettled mike  thumbs 

Beat me to it! even got the xjr out today for a run to work  Shocked

Them fairings are a pain in the ass to get on and off. So easy to break the damn lugs