Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

A Pyrrhic Victory

Well, I got out on the bike today for a couple of hours round the Peak District. Wife came with me, had a pleasant ride through glorious scenery in belting weather. She enjoyed it too; but then I got the sting. She's concluded it's too much grief and discomfort to go long distance touring on the bike, so my planned trip through France and Spain, stopping off for a bit of beach at our flat, looks like it won't happen. I don't get sufficient holidays or salary from work to go it alone or with mates, so I've some major rethinking to do.  Sad 

put a chair on the side or go away all by your self  fighting fighting 

my mrs dropped the same thing on me a few months ago ;i asked if she wanted some bike boots and she said no cos im not going on the bike anymore now ive been informed that selling the hayabusa would pay for the new roof we need in the summer  Shocked 

Bad luck m8, my missus has told me she's not so keen on goindg on the bike now we have grandkids but the coup de grace is "now you've got an artificial hip dont you think you should sell THAT bike"
I have offered to pay for weightwatchers online for her if I do  digging 

@Neill wrote:
I have offered to pay for weightwatchers online for her if I do  digging 

10/10 for that mate. I'm impressed you haven't   hide   as well as   digging    Laughing    Laughing    Laughing