Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Optimate

Well, I got an Optimate 4 today so I can run a charger on both my main bikes. Hooked it onto my VFR battery and after charging cycle it reported that the battery was 80-100%. Tried starting my Bandit with it and it's as flat as a witch's tit. Need to get a new battery which my local dealer in Mansfield should have in on Tuesday, but it doesn't say much for Optimate if it seemingly can't spot a pretty goosed battery.  Rolling Eyes 

Not good mate. My Dads just had to fork out for one for his CBR. Not a happy bunny   Sad    Sad

Tried charging the Bandit battery too, and it don't seem too keen. But again, this Optimate reckons it's hunky dory.  scratch Speed Triple started though  cheers 

Maybe a dodgy unit. I've had my optimate for 12 years. Used it to charge bike batteries and a couple of car ones too.

Yes, interestingly enough I charged the Speedy with my old Optimate. I might just ring CMC and get their views on it.  Rolling Eyes 

one i got off dicks fine, tried it on a mates battery and told me it was naffed. but managed to allow me to keep my tired one going up until now

TBH I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the charger, I just don't think it's as clever as Optimate like to tell us. It's worth persevering though, sometimes it takes several charge cycles to wake up a battery.  Smile 

New battery, started straightaway. Rode the bike back home & checked input voltage from R/R, looks fine at around 14.2-14.5 volts. Now hooked onto the new Optimate so hopefully there's an end to it.  Smile