Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

2014 tour taking shape

Right, after some discussion we've made a slight alteration-going to head to St Malo to cross the water. That means going over the Pyrenees towards Pau, along a blinding looking road which is the A-136 on the Spanish side, becoming the D934/D918 on the French side.Will stop on the N-260 first night, a pretty high pass or two to Pau, then through Poitou-Charentes stopping at Poitiers, Le Mans and overnight at St Malo for the morning crossing. Means more mileage on the bike and I can do a good chunk of mountain road so I'm happy enough. Just need to decide what day to cross so I can work backwards with hotels.  Smile 

Ferry booked-decided to go from Le Havre as it's only a 3 hour crossing and it means we can have a night in Honfleur, which looks a very pretty little place. Need to start booking hotels but I'm trying to get a credit card that doesn't charge non sterling transaction fees. Saga turned me down, the bastids  Laughing

PS just got a Post Office card and accepted online, so my non sterling problem is solved.  Very Happy 

Bet that will be a good ride. Would like to do the tt next yr.  thumbs 

sounds like a great ride Alan   you cant beat a good mountain road  thumbs thumbs