Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

what leathers?

right what do people recommend and what should i avoid?

i currently have richa which ive found good but finding a richa supplier around here is not the easiest of things. but my mate can get me discount on rst leathers? are they any good as people people have told me they dont last?

i dont want to but cheap crap, but im not wanting to spend £1000s as want to get them before the july ride, as ive got too fat for mine  Laughing 

I'm a fan of Alpinestars mate. That said, my favourite leather is my Spidi, bit dearer but feels very nice on.  Smile 

Nothing wrong with rst chad and wouldn't say there the cheapest out there

had my jacket at least 4 years no problems with it  thumbs 

if it fits, its comfy and has good quality stitching/leather, then you can't go too far wrong! I'm still rocking my old leather jacket from years ago, was a prototype 'sports' jacket but it a good fit, its comfy and its very well made ( think i had it on at the southern meet? ). I've had RST textiles and they are alright for the price so can't see why the leathers would be any different  thumbs 

hmm might go and pay iain a visit soon, he told me £360 he can get me the 2 piece for

when i wanted to spend around 500ish at most this time around,

I wear rev'it leathers and textiles bit pricey but good quality kit and superb fit I wouldn't wear anything else now. thumbs 

right what do people recommend and what should i avoid?
i currently have richa which ive found good but finding a richa supplier around here is not the easiest of things. but my mate can get me discount on rst leathers? are they any good as people people have told me they dont last? 

Pretty much all leathers will last if you keep 'em clean and greased up mate.

FWIW I'm a fan of the Arlen Ness stuff, but conversely Mike likes his current Dainese because he can move around on the bike easier. Look at the construction and fit rather than a 'name', I've seen some big name, big price suits fall apart like tissue in an off. Similarly the tougher stuff can be significantly heaver, so as Dave said, whatever feels right for you.

I found richa what i like for 380 but its not local really need to try them on. Ill have a bike sold this week then ill go look at some

got some yesterday. black and while alpine stars. on offer at j&s for £499, all fit with bit of room for my fatness lately  Laughing 

cant find a jumper uner the jacket thou so need a hoodie i can put on top.

just wondering though what do you guys clean your leathers with as it has white which isnt going to last.  slaphead 

just wondering though what do you guys clean your leathers with as it has white which isnt going to last.  slaphead 

Warm water, mild detergent and a rag. Or send them off once a year if they are particularly grubby. I'm sure that the cleaning fetishists will be along shortly with better suggestions though  thumbs 

leather cleaner, leather cleaning wipes, a good leather restorer and a leather waterproofer!

What i do is clean the jacket with leather wipes when it gets a bit dusty/dirty then use a leather restorer over the top to bring it back to looking new. I do sometimes re-blacken the jacket cause it goes a tad green in places were i catch it on the door frame/wall Smile

clean them!!! I sometimes wipe the dead flys off with a wet rag but that's about it.  Smile 

i used black leather treatment on my others once worked a treat, but these have white, maybe i will send them off during the winter, just keeping them ontop of at the mo!

I've got white in my Alpine Stars leathers, no matter how hard you try they will eventually end up looking grubby, just one of those things. I use washing up liquid in water, whisk it up to mafe a foam and use the foam with a soft brush then wipe it off with a cloth, dont use the water just the bubbles, works a treat.