Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just ordered some new rubber handlebar grips for our Katherines XR don't think they come with any grip glue plentyof glue on Ebay but is there anything easier at hand to use..... Evostick, Mastic or hairspray any suggestions what others have used?
Thanks!

Ive just bought a can of spray adhesive. Used some and its bloody good stuff. Got loads left come borrow it. thumbs 

used lots in the past but find renthal grip glue works for me, never used the spray stuff is it good mark?  thumbs 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Ive just bought a can of spray adhesive.  Used some and its bloody good stuff. Got loads left come borrow it. thumbs 

Thanks Mark will pop round thumbs thumbs  Can I borrow your glass polisher too please!!  wave 

@haveugot1 wrote:
Ive just bought a can of spray adhesive.  Used some and its bloody good stuff. Got loads left come borrow it. thumbs 

Thanks Mark will pop round thumbs thumbs  Can I borrow your glass polisher too please!!  wave 

finger fofl 

@dick65 wrote:
used lots in the past but find renthal grip glue works for me, never used the spray stuff is it good mark?  thumbs 

yeah its really good dick. Going to see if I can stick mike to the wall.  Twisted Evil fofl 

@haveugot1 wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

yeah its really good dick. Going to see if I can stick mike to the wall.  Twisted Evil fofl 

fofl fofl fofl fofl 

finger didn't use it for the grips Mark they seemed really tight without it  Rolling Eyes but got some rubber floor grip ordered for the patio door step so be good for that, will get it back to you soon mate, cheers!  thumbs 

I would glue them mike you would be pissed off if they start turning when they get warm I used to glue and wire them on my m/x bikes and the feckers would still sometimes turn, mind I had a fare bit more grip strength in them days.

I'll keep an eye on them Ian if they look like they are moving I will glue them. Mark said its a very fast contact adhesive (about 20 secs) and its high grip, I had to do a bit of twisting and pulling to get them on took about 4 mins a side and I didn't want them stuck half on half off!  Laughing and Katherine won't be gripping on them that hard, the bike struggles to do 60mph!!  moped 

ive always used hairspray and have never had an issue. not once have they started spinning.  thumbs 

if they are really tight to get on mike and you don't want to use glue spray some brake cleaner or a bit thinners in the grip they slide on dead easy and the solvent then evaporates off. easy peasy.

ive always used hairspray and have never had an issue. not once have they started spinning.  thumbs 

I'm a bloke have never used and never will use hairspray although both my sons go thru shitloads of the stuff, must be an age thing.

That's what I was going to use Chad  thumbs thumbs  But I'd run out!  lol!

That's cos we've got no bl**dy hair left Ian!  Laughing 

@madcarper wrote:
if they are really tight to get on mike and you don't want to use glue spray some brake cleaner or a bit thinners in the grip they slide on dead easy and the solvent then evaporates off. easy peasy.

I used brake cleaner Ian.  thumbs thumbs 

Another for hair spray(the wifes,my hairs gone Embarassed )
I've also used clear lacquer in a rattle can before.

@flange wrote:
Another for hair spray(the wifes,my hairs gone Embarassed )
I've also used clear lacquer in a rattle can before.

Looks like hairspray it is then, if they start to move!  thumbs thumbs 

Used Marks glue in the end worked a treat, cheers mate!  thumbs thumbs 

glad it worked mike. thumbs 

now can we stick ya the garage wall?  hide fofl 

Brake cleaner here, better than hairspray - and unlike hairspray, I always have some in stock  Very Happy