Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

Almost close to perfection!

I've had this bike a couple of months now and love it. I kind of feel bad because the bike i bought for touring has been used for roughly 10 miles since I've had this little thing!

Piccies!

When i picked it up:-

How its looking now:-

Acerbis Dual Road handguards
Kev o2 Controller
Delkevic 1-2 link pipe
SP Engineering Demon stubby carbon cans
( Only things small enough in length to fit with the delkevic link pipe! )

Such good fun to ride, pulls like a damn train and sounds bloody awesome with these cans on ( oh and baffles only out for picture! too loud )

I've got a power commander V on its way as well to try and sort out the stupid Yammy Fuel injection. IT cuts fuel totally when decelerating and then adds fuel back when revs get too low, problem with this is it causes a sudden surge! You notice it more when going around roundabouts and turning. Slowing down and gradually on the throttle, next thing you know the bikes ripping your arms off and aiming for the nearest hedge/wall/car!

Looks good mate. And it sounds like the Power Commander's a good idea  thumbs   Shocked    Shocked

Interesting about the fuel injection. My VFR Vtec has the same problem. Solved by disconnecting the PAIRS valves and snorkel hose. Stupidly better at low speed and appears to be giving better fuel economy. Bike looks nice dude, very useable thing.  Smile 

I disconnected the AIS ( same sort of thing i think ) which has got removed a lot of the popping i was getting.

The PCV i bought is second hand so it will be interesting to see what map is loaded on it and compare to the standard/akra and arrow maps. The can's i got aren't designed for this bike, so putting on a map from power commander won't work straight out the box but should atleast help the running until i can get it booked in over at BSD ( 3 week wait at the moment! )

Love what you have done to the bike Matt Cool  Cool   and its great you have gelled so quickly with it.  thumbs thumbs 

My car has these fuel shut off valves and its sometimes bloody dangerous. On the approach to roundabouts or junctions if I suddenly accelerate after braking there is a definite lag while the fuel feeds back in. Sometimes fuel efficiency has a lot to answer for!  down 

It's all this EU shit to pass emissions, its more dangerous for us than it is for the bloody environment!

That's why I still have a air/oil cooled locknut and screw valve adjusting carburettor fuelled bullet proof engined Suzuki ....will do me for the foreseeable!  Very Happy 

If only a nice flatslide could be fitted to this!! Suzuki still carb the singles, so i don't see why others don't.

It would be much cheaper and you would get better results having the ECU flash tuned. Had my R1 done a few weeks ago, they put it on a rolling road and set the bike up properly rather than just download a generic fueling map. They can also disable the fuel cut off on a closed throttle to stop the jerkiness when you open it again. Cost me £180.

It would be much cheaper and you would get better results having the ECU flash tuned. Had my R1 done a few weeks ago, they put it on a rolling road and set the bike up properly rather than just download a generic fueling map. They can also disable the fuel cut off on a closed throttle to stop the jerkiness when you open it again. Cost me £180.

Got a PC V for £180 with the o2 controller ( even though i already have one )  I was asking around and no one seems to be able to flash the ECU on the mt-03, might be because they aren't a popular bike/not being made any more or just that no one wants to spend time to check out the ECU ( Which is different to the XT660 ).

On the XT660 you can change the fueling by the clocks to richen up the mixture slightly but you can't on the MT-03 even though they use the same engine and in theory, it should be the same injection system.

It will cost me another £40 to get it mapped properly so all in all £220 doesn't seem bad to completely transform what is already a awesome little bike  thumbs

deffo get it set up on the dyno matt it will be a different bike.  I had a audi a4 petrol in for work the other week I had to deliver it when finished 2.0 litre fuel injected turbo fecking flat as a fart had to rev the tits of it to make it go apparently they are all the same all down to emisions and the drive for better mileage personally I can't see the point if you got to rev the feck out of em. bike looks like a good bit of fun  thumbs 

nice one matt  thumbs 

my next bikes going to be FI which I know nowt about but I know where to come to have my questions answered  Laughing Laughing thumbs thumbs 

Was comparing a few maps for the MT-03. Theres only a few known exhausts that people know, the main two being arrow and akrapovic.

Comparing the maps between them two and a standard bike with K&N filter, they all have the exactly same map! without baffles they have more fuel low and less up top. There is a three week wait to get the bike booked in so the plan is fit the PC V monday, load the arrow map for stock air filter and see how it goes Very Happy

Well the PC V turned up... didn't know couriers worked on a Sunday which was a surprise! Fitting it tonight with the map for a stock bike and going to book it in for a new map and a dyno run! Be interesting how much poke it makes from its 40od standard  thumbs 

So finally got it booked in for its dyno! Mivv GP cans make 41 bhp and 38.72 ft lb torque at the rear, akra's, arrows and leo vince are roughly the same give or take 1-2 bhp. Got my results printed off after 2 hours of tuning ( long story short, the o2 controller was playing havok! ) 45.32 bhp and 42.54 ft lb torque at the rear  thumbs Only problem is the lambda sensor is unplugged and i got cables i need to sort out. All in all i was a little surprised for the makeshift exhaust!

So here's to anyone who says a T shaped link pipe is worse than a Y piece... well on a single the T piece seems to be a lot better!

nice one  thumbs  I don't know much about FI bikes but I know you can get power commanders that disable the o2 sensor

Depends on the bike. some allow you to fully control the fueling whilst others are locked on the ECU and can't be tweaked. For instance, the XT660 you can control the closed loop via the clocks, but the MT-03 is locked down. I did have a o2 controller fitted but it was causing all sorts of problems with the mapping so it had to be unplugged. I have another power commander one which I'm going to try tonight, but it does mean i have to play with the map that I've just paid to get done ( although backing it up first is a bloody good idea!! lol )

put the other o2 optimizer on, tweaked the map in some area's as guided by power commander and boy does it rip now :| no popping at all, no strange flat spot like i did have even after the mapping. Got to be easy on the throttle as its very very responsive!