Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Breakfast in the Peaks

Forecast for tomorrow looks good, so I think I'll chance my Speedy into darkest Derbyshire. Well, via Staffordshire that is. I'm thinking of brekkie either at Windy Ridge Cafe or the Roaches Tea Rooms. Then maybe on to a few back roads before home. Won't be out tooo long but I need to escape my sis in law and cousin for a bit. If anyone's interested in either a meet up or ride, I'll be at J27 of the M1 at around 8:45, hit the cafe no later than 10. Smile

@madcarper wrote:
ill come on the scooter, will i make it to your destination in time if i left now.

that's about all scooters are good for.  Smile

i went green laneing on it today and made a ramp, getting air on a retro scooter is a new experience, i then fell of trying to drift it fofl

Went on me tod, which was nice really. Early start, all clear roads, was in the Roaches Tearooms before 9:30, and my bacon egg & buttie was quite nice. Not cheap at £6.60 including a cappuccino mind you Shocked

The Roaches (take their name from a mispronunciation of the French Roches, BTW) from the A53 going towards Buxton. The big bit on the right is Hen Cloud. The cafe is just left of the bottom of that in the centre of the pic.

View from my breakfast table

Nice quick ride back, in time to see the camera van setting up near Matlock, and watch all the numpties who can't get up struggling in the traffic. Rolling Eyes

nice one Alan thumbs
I was a bit put off going out today after witnessing a bad bike accident yesterday - guys ok but he was at fault due to racing a car .

looks like you had fun mate!

and dave we know you like to be out early! you had the rest of us awake on the trip! saying that riding home at before 6am with clear roads was pretty awesome. even if i was asleep by 3 in the afternoon from being knackard lol. lack of sleep and 800 miles Sleep