Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

riding in the rain

any spectacled riders out there with tips on how to ride better in the rain? I find that I slow down to a crawl which is wore because of drivers at the back of you

only for reading and not on the bike - I just ride in rain like I do when its dry - that aint much help is it Laughing

I use to be the same ,but with the miles I have done over the last 3 years it don't bother me now ,just keep it smooth ,good tyres ,and you need a little bit of force to get grip , get a shiny tile or glass and rub your finger over it lightly , very slippery ! Now try it again with a bit of force not so slippery thumbs

I just leave a bigger gap in front than i normally would, brake a little earlier than a normally would, apart from that, pretty much ride the same albeit slightly slower Smile

you mean people actually ride in the rain? No

Time was ---many years ago--I had no choice, these days, I only ride in the rain IF I 'm unlucky enough to get caught out IN IT...
If that happens I def' ride more slowly / cautiously.. And yes I wear glasses,& yes,
it is a B' --p.i.t.a.. thumb down

@goferit wrote:
you mean people actually ride in the rain? No

Time was ---many years ago--I had no choice, these days, I only ride in the rain IF I 'm unlucky enough to get caught out IN IT...
If that happens I def' ride more slowly / cautiously.. And yes I wear glasses,& yes,
it is a B' --p.i.t.a.. thumb down

same i got caught twice this year rain2

i only ride in the rain if im caught out in it and i wear glasses and its a pain in the arse just ride slower and more cautiously and keep an eye out for diesel on the roads rain

have my visor and specs coated with some anti mist stuff
keeps them fog free and means its a lot safer,
think the OP means tips for the specs
not how to ride in the rain, thats easy init wave

oh could try cleaning specs and inside visor with washing up liquid its supposed to work confused

oh could try cleaning specs and inside visor with washing up liquid its supposed to work confused

VISOR + RAIN + WASHING UP LIQUID -Shockedfofl

I was asking about what to do when it is lashing it or even steady drizzle and your visor is useless and you have to open it then all the water starts getting on your specs. Be very interesting if I had used washing up liquid when the water strikes.

@obalanga wrote:
I was asking about what to do when it is lashing it or even steady drizzle and your visor is useless and you have to open it then all the water starts getting on your specs. Be very interesting if I had used washing up liquid when the water strikes.
yes with it now , I only wear glasses for reading so not a issue for me , as for my visor tried most things but I find best if its raining to ride with it one notch open and my winter gloves have a wiper blade on the left thumb down which is a real help ,

ahhh. That sounds like a an idea I will look at getting a pair. I was actually fantasizing about a little clip on wiper system like you get on the headlamps of posh cars but...I'll stick to gloves. Thanks for the idea though.

@obalanga wrote:
ahhh. That sounds like a an idea I will look at getting a pair. I was actually fantasizing about a little clip on wiper system like you get on the headlamps of posh cars but...I'll stick to gloves. Thanks for the idea though.
will post a pic up of my gloves in a mo .

thanks for that. What make are those gloves?? And just as I thought I was a genius, someone else beats me to it

@obalanga wrote:

Many years ago I bought a 'spinning disc', that fitted onto the helmet, it worked really well----but was deemed dangerous, in case of facial injury in a crash situation.... Shocked
It was quite noisy too...
I've seen them advertised somewhere??? but can't locate the site...

This is the nearest thing I can find now...

http://andrew.daviel.org/visordisk.html