Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

google chrome

Anyone know why chrome keeps instantly crashing on my laptop? Internet explorer works fine but not chrome. Only started doing it today and if I do search in google for the problem the response is beyond my obvious limited skills Rolling Eyes can I just uninstall and re- install? scratch

Thanks Chad, defo a conflict on my laptop cos im using Chrome downstairs on the desktop with no issues! scratch

Go to settings and delete browsing history "since the beginning of time" can often help. Smile

my laptop gets hump and says memory full sometimes and a restart clears it, its not the memory of laptop but the internet memory as it crashes and closes all the time.

Two options, Download CCleaner and run the cleaner ( dont analyze, just Run Cleaner ). The go the registry tab and scan for issues, Don't be suprised if you see 50+ registry keys with issues. Just make sure all are select, press Fix selected issues. If it asks if you want to backup, say no and delete all Smile If that fails, reinstall chrome!

Start > Control Panel > Programs & Features.

find Chrome, Click it, Uninstall.

Thanks Matt, Alan & Chad will give it a try tomorrow, is ccleaner just a free thing I will find if I type it into normal Google browser? (just pretend your talking to a 3 year old) Laughing

Thanks Matt, Alan & Chad will give it a try tomorrow, is ccleaner just a free thing I will find if I type it into normal Google browser? (just pretend your talking to a 3 year old) Laughing

dont tell dave that or he will offer you sweets.

dont tell dave that or he will offer you sweets.

foflfoflfoflhide

my Acer aspire 5733 is constantly wanting me to change to chrome it did install it once but laptop ran badly so un installed it.

Thanks for all your help thumbs it was a conflict with my antivirus firewall after an update (McAfee) still hasn't been resolved thumb down but I am now using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser with no issues thumbs so that will do me! thumbs

we run mcafee mike but if used in conjunction with windows updates as well it can slow your computer right down - but pleased you've sorted it thumbsthumbs

I personally wouldn't touch mcafee. Microsoft security essentials works 100 times better Very Happy

@fr499y wrote:
I personally wouldn't touch mcafee. Microsoft security essentials works 100 times better Very Happy

ours came as part of a BT package matt, also run Norton as well thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

ours came as part of a BT package matt, also run Norton as well thumbs

Holy cow, how long does it take to boot? Not many more resource hungry programs than Norton. Shocked