Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

What would you recommend and why?

Put it simply, I've had nothing but shit luck with the last 3-4 bikes I've bought ( XJR is a exception ) so this sort of time next year I will be looking for a different bike. What bikes would you lot recommend and why? doesn't matter if its a sports bike, a tourer, a cruiser etc etc.

personally im hoping to get a new gsx 1250 FA next year
plenty power, comfy, full fairing and enough luggage ,a good all rounder - as I use a bike daily for me it ticks all the boxes and for £6000 new you cant argue with that thumbs

Kawasaki zrx1100  obviously in Kwak green Eddie lawson rep.. The old man rides his all year round been through the Mountsorrel  floods (Dave or @gaz XS1100 will vouch for there severety)  it's never missed a beat.... On a personal note I enjoy riding it and give it as much stick as my zxr and it never fails to make me smile.

http://youtu.be/0JWWQiwOeDQ

going to give the big naked muscle bikes a miss, had a few and tried the suzuki and kawasaki alternatives. my neck doesn't get on with them as the stretch from seat to bar is a bit too much for me.

@fr499y wrote:
going to give the big naked muscle bikes a miss, had a few and tried the suzuki and kawasaki alternatives. my neck doesn't get on with them as the stretch from seat to bar is a bit too much for me.

Bah!!! What's wrong with you lol

Ok so what about the polar opposite of the muscle bikes something like zzr1400

@fr499y wrote:
could be worth a look. Will add it to the list to test Smile

I've never ridden one but it's certainly something I'd give good thought to if I was covering decent miles... When i was at the world of kawasaki event at Silverstone last year there was a guy ragging his zzr around the track showing its more than just a tourer.

The 1200 is no slouch and the 1400 knocks it into a cocked hat. Question is, are you really ever going to use that level of performance? Not especially good looking either IMHO. Smile

The 1200 is no slouch and the 1400 knocks it into a cocked hat. Question is, are you really ever going to use that level of performance? Not especially good looking either IMHO. Smile

"cock" *snigger*

Good point about performance but if your going for it why not go all the way..

@dick65 wrote:
personally im hoping to get a new gsx 1250 FA next year
plenty power, comfy, full fairing and enough luggage ,a good all rounder - as I use a bike daily for me it ticks all the boxes and for £6000 new you cant argue with that thumbs
my mates wife has ordered him one of these for xmas ;he doesnt know anything about and its getting delivered on xmas eve

@fr499y wrote:
anyone ridden or owned a blackbird?

Rode one before I bought my ZZR1200. Creamy smooth motor, clunky gearbox, bit too long a reach to the bars for my taste. Linked brakes not for everyone, although I never have a problem with my VFR. Overall, I concluded the Kawasaki held most of the cards. Deffo more power, comfier, better economy and lights. Handling prob got the edge too. Against it were inferior brakes, possibly finish (my ZZR has held up pretty well over 11 years though) so I went big K. Buy a 1400 and it is simply not a contest, as all the above holds true only more so. Smile

yeah i think the reach from seat to bars might be a issue for me. I've got long arms but short in the body!

one of the main reasons for looking at another bike for next year is, the so called no claims protection with MCE is a load of bullsh*t. Put it simply, my DRZ was stolen, they said i had protected no claims yet my insurance has gone through the roof. The bmw is something stupid like a group 17 to insure. Basically, its cost not a lot under a grand to insure my bikes thanks to MCE!

Anyway, back to the point.

I do like the VFR's, my dad had one for a few months and i rode it more than him, cracking bike, plenty of power and comfy. So far on my list of bikes to try early next year are

VFR 800 Vtec & new model
ZZR1400
Sprint GT ( maybe its smoother than the s-triple? )
V-strom 1000
FZ8

Got a Vtec so l can help you there, info for sure, maybe meet up sometime for a quick spin. Needs the Chadda mod doing for better feel. I really like the Sprint, in fact considered one but would mean selling my Speedy. That triple is just sublime. What about the Tiger? Sort of bit of both confused

eeds to be something that will be relatively comfy on the back for the misses, as well as fun for me to use on my own. Don't think a tuono is going to be comfy for her!

Got a Vtec so l can help you there, info for sure, maybe meet up sometime for a quick spin. Needs the Chadda mod doing for better feel. I really like the Sprint, in fact considered one but would mean selling my Speedy. That triple is just sublime. What about the Tiger? Sort of bit of both confused

tell you the truth, forgot all about the tiger!

@fr499y wrote:
yeah i think the reach from seat to bars might be a issue for me. I've got long arms but short in the body!

one of the main reasons for looking at another bike for next year is, the so called no claims protection with MCE is a load of bullsh*t. Put it simply, my DRZ was stolen, they said i had protected no claims yet my insurance has gone through the roof. The bmw is something stupid like a group 17 to insure. Basically, its cost not a lot under a grand to insure my bikes thanks to MCE!

Anyway, back to the point.

I do like the VFR's, my dad had one for a few months and i rode it more than him, cracking bike, plenty of power and comfy. So far on my list of bikes to try early next year are

VFR 800 Vtec & new model
ZZR1400
Sprint GT ( maybe its smoother than the s-triple? )
V-strom 1000
FZ8

Looking at that list the ZZR is insurance group 17 remember. VFR absolutely fabulous all rounder but falls short of perfect by maybe 10-15 bhp. Still tops 150mph mind. Good two up according to my wife-her favourite of my bikes in fact, ridden it to Spain and back without issues. Sprint GT I suspect would be like a VFR with proper power. Rode an old type V Strom and really liked it. Massive comfy seat and good motor & box, although not without potential problems. FZ8-never been a fan of Yams so don't know too much about them. I still can't get over all those buzzy two stroke LCs from years ago. Laughing

me mate bought the new v strom 1000 a few months ago he loves it but its gone into limp mode a couple of times and hasnt shown any fault codes as to why its done it as it re sets when turned off and back on again he thinks its something to do with the traction control scratch

yeah wouldn't mind a KH750 but wouldn't go down too well!! What i meant is the BMW is high for a naked bike. I got a qoute on a busa and a couple other bigger bikes and they came out cheaper by a fair few hundred quid!

This is the one i wish i could of bought of me dad lol I done a fair few miles two up on this and loved it. Maybe i'll end up with one.

cans look good on that! most i've seen are round the other way. Leo-vince?

@fr499y wrote:
cans look good on that! most i've seen are round the other way. Leo-vince?

Certainly are. Bit of a problem with the luggage racks but I've still got the stock setup so no real problem. Smile