Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

rear brake sticking

My rear brake pedal is sticking so much so the tail light remains fully illuminated. Is this a problem with a gunky brake cylinder needing a strip and clean? When I put the bike on the centre stand the wheel is spinning ok so the pads are not gettnig stuck. Any ideas on how i can locate the rear brake switch (suzuli dl 650/ sv 650) and what it looks like?

its the switch that needs adjusting if the wheels not dragging,look around the brake pedal it should have a thread with a big plastic nut, just loosen it till the light goes out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/290761569214?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

might help . more then likely the switch will need a good clean , wd and a pair of pliers and a pull should work

i was going to say sensor, but is the rear pedal sticking? or is it just the lights on?

the pedal is sticking. If I flick it upwards like in a gear change the tail light goes back to normal illumination

strip it down good clean grease it up and put back on the bike , i would think the good old road salt has got in it

yeah, I had just been in the front sprocket cover and took out nearly 2 inches of slime.

1st prize goes to madsod. It just needed a good clean and some grease spray. Thanks for the illustrations.

@obalanga wrote:
1st prize goes to madsod. It just needed a good clean and some grease spray. Thanks for the illustrations.

thumbsthumbs