Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, just set off out for an hour and had to turn back because the brake lever is coming back to the bars but only when I'm moving. I can squeeze the lever while its still and it feels solid but as soon as I try to brake while moving I can feel the lever coming back, had the pads out and nothing wrong there, checked for leaks cant see anything and the fluid level doesn't seem to be going down. I havent touched the brakes since last year when I fitted braided hoses so its not like theres any air in the system. got me stumped.

wd40? I have no idea if it will work but Dave swears by it lol hide

@melly wrote:
wd40? I have no idea if it will work but Dave swears by it lol hide

in fact I am sure it will not help at all, but couldn't resist it Embarassedhide

it sounds like some thing is pushing the pistons back in the calliper when you are moving , meaning there is not enough travel in the lever to push the pads on to the disk

Figured it out with help on another forum. Seems like the master cylinder seal has gone. If i squeeze the lever slowly and gently it will allow fluid past it back to the reservoir and the lever comes back to the bar. If i pull the lever quickly the seal balloons out and works as it should so the next dilemma, new seals (£40) new master cylinder (£130) or brembo/ acossatto radial racing master cylinder (£180)

so the next dilemma, new seals (£40) new master cylinder (£130) or brembo/ acossatto radial racing master cylinder (£180)

Depends whether you are happy with the performance of the stock master cylinder and/or whether it's a weak point on your particular bike model, but it would be either new seals or an upgraded M/C for me.