Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Status quo....

...I've deliberated recently about getting rid of a bike, maybe all of them. Then I wondered about getting one good all rounder to use for work as well as play (I plan going back into self employment quite soon) Narrowed it down to Z1000SX or the Yamaha Tracer, but having viewed them, and the cost to change, the material benefit over my 2002 VFR looks not very much.
So I figure on battering my VFR when possible on jobs, leaving me with the S3 to play with. Bought a tank jacket & soft pannier rack for the Speedy mind, maybe now it's good for a weekend away. So all that remains is to count down the clock, take my company car to Spain in a couple of weeks, then give my notice. Hopefully I might actually get out to meet one or two of you in the late summer!! Smile

got to do whats best for yourself dude! i like the z1000sx but im too naughty to own one Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
hurry up so we can get out bike2

I know, it's been a miserable year or more, working weekends to build my business back up. But looks like my sis in law will be gone soon, and I will have some more time for myself too. Been wondering about a long weekened somewhere if I can spring some cash. You'll be the first to know Dave, panic not. Wink

@Davehutch wrote:
hurry up so we can get out bike2

I know, it's been a miserable year or more, working weekends to build my business back up. But looks like my sis in law will be gone soon, and I will have some more time for myself too. Been wondering about a long weekened somewhere if I can spring some cash. You'll be the first to know Dave, panic not. Wink
haha ok m8 , you know I will be up for it if I aint away on the bike tongue2

Alan have you seen the new versys 1000 ? fantastic allrounder and likely to even outdo the Z1000sx thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
Alan have you seen the new versys 1000 ? fantastic allrounder and likely to even outdo the Z1000sx thumbs

Looked at one today in Clay Cross, but I've decided to keep what I have. Perfectly adequate bikes. If I have some spare money I aim to spend it on something other than being beholden to an HP company. Smile

had a triumph explorer`1200 in work last week seemed like a decent bit of kit never rode it mind.

my mate bought the new v strom 1000 .great bike odd glitch from abs and traction control though ,he got a stone burst his radiator in scotland miles from anywhere but managed a temporary repair with a woodscrew and araldite .got him home ok but he cant get a new rad from anywhere so just soldered it for now wouldnt you think suzuki would of supplied some spares when launching a new bike thumb down

The yam is a monster with its low down power. Few iffy problems with mine ( Street Rally ) but boy are they are a giggle to ride. Triples ent for everyone though thumbs Good choice on keeping what ya got lol

@fr499y wrote:
The yam is a monster with its low down power. Few iffy problems with mine ( Street Rally ) but boy are they are a giggle to ride. Triples ent for everyone though thumbs Good choice on keeping what ya got lol

One thing about the Yam that really appeals is actually that it isn't an inline four. I like triples, obviously since I have my S3. I've done inline fours to death, another reason TBH that I figure on keeping the VFR. Bit low on power but a V4 is a sweet motor to use-and listen to thumbs

Yeah we got a 2015 crossrunner as well. Now that is the best of both worlds! i would seriously look at getting one of them over the yamaha, If only they fitted USD forks and not RWU!!

@fr499y wrote:
Yeah we got a 2015 crossrunner as well. Now that is the best of both worlds! i would seriously look at getting one of them over the yamaha, If only they fitted USD forks and not RWU!!

Give me rwu forks any day Very Happy just ask Mark what a pain changing seals were on his Busa. Always liked the VFR's so I would prob be my choice. Good luck with your new work venture Alan! thumbsthumbsthumbs

@fr499y wrote:

Give me rwu forks any day Very Happy  just ask Mark what a pain changing seals were on his Busa. Always liked the VFR's so I would prob be my choice. Good luck with your new work venture  Alan! thumbsthumbsthumbs

Seen how much they cost affraid