Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

New Bike

Not mine!! My Dad is picking his new one up from S Billau in Darlington tomorrow night. Probably be there about 7pm if anyone fancies a run down? If you do, see you there!

Picking up a Z1000. Didn't realise this is in the wrong section!?!!! Will sort some pics when it's home.

Picking up a Z1000. Didn't realise this is in the wrong section!?!!! Will sort some pics when it's home.
it wasn't really m8 , one of those that can go in a couple of sections , just thought it suited this more if you was looking at meeting up with someone

No problem. Cheers mate.

Picks will follow, hopefully tonight when we get back from picking it up!! :-)

you lot buying z1000's making me miss mine more and more Sad

Well was going to pop down to see you Mike but at 18:40 the heavens opened and I thought "sod that" hope you stayed dry...ish Mike and picked up the bike ok! Me and Mark were looking at a couple of z1000sx's last week in Billau's stunning condition. thumbsthumbs

z1000 seems to be replacing the bandit for the naked bike people all want.

Well was going to pop down to see you Mike but at 18:40 the heavens opened and I thought "sod that" hope you stayed dry...ish Mike and picked up the bike ok! Me and Mark were looking at a couple of z1000sx's last week in Billau's stunning condition. thumbsthumbs

Ended up going in the van mate. Was the same. I went to work on the bike yesterday. Nice run down the back road to Northallerton, alot quicker on the bike Coolthumbs With the idea to meet my Dad then go on the bikes to pick his new one up. Then, as you say, the heavens opened. So in the van it was!! mine still got wet as by the time my Dad moved his van to put mine in the garage it was soaked SadSad My ZZR has seen more rian than my ZX ever did Rolling Eyes

Mind you, Billau has a nice black ZX12 in Laughing

im looking at a GSX 1250 FA - and no its not a bandit  Laughing

Also like the 2014 V Strom 1000 or 2015 Versys 1000  thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
im looking at a GSX 1250 FA - and no  its not a bandit  Laughing

Also like the 2014 V Strom 1000 or 2015 Versys 1000  thumbs

its a bandit with a bit of a fairing dick never changed since 2006 that's why they are cheap m8. still a decent bike for the money though.
my m8 has a versys and he likes it.

I was looking at the gen 1 V strom but there lumpy under 5000 revs and I cant be done faffing with a power commander the new ones are completely revised - not as much torque as the 1250 but good fun with that v twin engine - the new Versys looks better than the old one just need a test ride thumbs

got mates with the new 1250(its a bandit)and the new v strom which he got a stone through the radiator in the scottish highlands and cant get a new rad anywhere hes ended up soldering his up till suzuki can get the part it also sometimes goes into limp mode for no reason no fault codes show and has traction control issues 'for the money the 1250 is a bargain in my opinion

@dick65 wrote:
I was looking at the gen 1 V strom but there lumpy under 5000 revs and I cant be done faffing with a power commander the new ones are completely revised - not as much torque as the 1250 but good fun with that v twin engine - the new Versys looks better than the old one just need a test ride thumbs

Any new bike you go with now will run like a bag of shit from factory at certain revs. Emissions has done this. My MT-09 runs rough as bollox at 2k and the VFR800X is like a kangaroo!

ive been test riding a 2012 gsf 1250 and it runs great , had it a month and done nearly 3000 miles on it - you wouldn't think it was FI thumbs

You posted any pictures yet of your dads new bike Mike?
Dick personally I like the 1250 especially as you've had a good test ride on one and think its a great all-rounder, its defo the one i'd go for! thumbsthumbs

Can't get photos on from my phone, or I can't figure it out, so will need a laptop.

great looking bike mike,now where have I seen a colour similar to that. thumbs

I agree Ian. Did look familiar, but couldn't place it!?!!!

My Dad has also just had the two casing covers done orange as well.

Cool bike Mike bet your dad is well chuffed Billau had two lovely green and black z1000sx in the other week one has sold and he is moving stock as fast as he gets it in! some very clean machines in at the moment! thumbs

Cool bike Mike bet your dad is well chuffed Billau had two lovely green and black z1000sx in the other week one has sold and he is moving stock as fast as he gets it in! some very clean machines in at the moment! thumbs

He has mate. There was one with the full luggage and a black with simple green highlights that did look nice thumbs Is that what you're after next?