Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obalanga

genius moment

you know when you are bidding on ebay expecting to lose just so you can see how much interest an item generates, well seems like i will end up with 3 sat navs.

I only do sniper bids m8 i like to get a bargain Laughingthumbs

but why bid on them expecting to lose, why not just watch them in your ebay account?

they are usually on the daft end like £8 for a dab radio and now and again I have struck a bargain when the bidding ends at 3 a.m. sunday morning, but not this time.

phew!! sniping vultures swooped in and gladly relieved me of sat nav num. 3

but why bid on them expecting to lose, why not just watch them in your ebay account?

Pah, where's the fun in that?  "Ebay Roulette" is an excellent pastime when there is some boredom to kill.  Nothing like seeing if you can guess how much someone else has bid on something, and chucking in a bid with not long to go [1]

Occasionally you get it wrong, and end up the winning bidder - but if I win I always complete the deal as a matter of principle [2].  While this has turned up stuff like some awful engraved faux-copper maps of ye olde Cornwall, a fuel pump for a helicopter, and the biggest pile of junk Saab that took a trip to Bangor to fetch, it also can turn out OK and you snaffle something at an OK price that you don't mind owning too much.  Sniping software just takes all the fun out of it....

[1] I tend to bid with two minutes to go if it's >£500, and within the last 30 seconds if less (just for that bit of tension) but in 'hardcore' moments it's all-in with 7 seconds to go and just hope that the auto bids take you out Cool

[2] Unlike the chap who listed his 05 plate 320d with no reserve in the wrong category the other week, and refused to sell it to me for my winning bid of £3.20, despite paying immediately by Paypal  Laughing

@obalanga wrote:
you know when you are bidding on ebay expecting to lose just so you can see how much interest an item generates, well seems like i will end up with 3 sat navs.

Ooooopps. At least it's only 2 now thumbs Are they bike sat navs or car? Maybe someone here is interested?

they are two garmin zumo 550s. A guy at work is buying one off me so alls well that ends well .. if thats what they say