Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I plan to fit some new rubber before my Scotland trip and have been looking at Dunlop sportsmarts any body used these, I had the qualifier 2s on my bandit great grip levels but don't last too long.

ive got new Bridgestones T23's on the 1250 ian - best tyres ive had m8 there sport touring but more sporty I reckon and no need to scrub them in just ride thumbs

If its round and black and doesn't slide, its good enough for me! but my favourites for an all round tyre are the Avon Storm 2 Ultra thumbs

Sportsmarts are a good tyre but don't seem to last long!

Ive got the dunlops ian and they reeaalllyy good tyres. But im looking to change for something with a bit more grip next time round.

The roadsmart 2s m8. They wear well and r grippy but i might have a change. Fancy them tyres dave is running.

that's why I am going to try the sportsmart 2, more grippy than the roadsmart and they have evolved a bit since they first came out.

@haveugot1 wrote:
The roadsmart 2s m8. They wear well and r grippy but i might have a change. Fancy them tyres dave is running.

well after doing 2400 miles in Scotland on road pilot 4s (on my 3rd set now) I can truly say they saved me at least 3 times on my trip in the wet ! there wasn't once the bike didn't feel safe and I was on all road types and all conditions except frost ..
1/ missed judged a corner and just had to lean and go for it ( got me round no problem)
2/ over took a cage who was pissing about ,but ran out of road before cornering , braked hard and kept the bike up right to the last minute ,then let go and just tipped it in (got me round (didn't think it would it was wet and greasy)
3/ came up to a junction when I put my feet down they where slipping all over the place (don't know what was on the road) ,But the bike didn't move !

I had the pilot road 2 on my bandit, good tyres. I'm not too bothered about wet weather grip dave as I try not to use the bike in those conditions so want to try a more sport orientated tyre. anyway I just don't like the tread pattern on the 4's twist

@madcarper wrote:
I had the pilot road 2 on my bandit, good tyres. I'm not too bothered about wet weather grip dave as I try not to use the bike in those conditions so want to try a more sport orientated tyre. anyway I just don't like the tread pattern on the 4's  twist

Just renewed the tyres on my Bandit again with the PR2's Ian got them really cheap as a set cos they are getting on a bit now but are great on the Bandit! and have had no worries in the past. thumbs

@madcarper wrote:
I had the pilot road 2 on my bandit, good tyres. I'm not too bothered about wet weather grip dave as I try not to use the bike in those conditions so want to try a more sport orientated tyre. anyway I just don't like the tread pattern on the 4's  twist

Just renewed the tyres on my Bandit again with the PR2's Ian got them really cheap as a set cos they are getting on a bit now but are great on the Bandit! and have had no worries in the past.  thumbs
I started with the 2s then up to the 3s and now the 4s , there is a big improvement with each jump , and the 4s last longer too

only tried the road 2's but running bridgestone T 23's on my 1250 and there the best ive had - no need to scrub them in either - there sports touring but more sporty and seem to be lasting thumbs

well I've changed my mind again as I have been running the conti road attack 2's and like the feedback they give you I reckon I will try the conti sport attack next. like the tyres dick has they take virtually no breaking in too as I probably won't have a chance to get out before I leave for jockland.

@madcarper wrote:

Just renewed the tyres on my Bandit again with the PR2's Ian got them really cheap as a set cos they are getting on a bit now but are great on the Bandit! and have had no worries in the past.  thumbs

only thing I found about the pr2 was they would slide about very easy if not properly warmed up but great once there, mind they are a good price now,backs wear out pretty quick although I have worn out my conti rear in around 3000 miles.

ive used the pilot 2's for years but found they wear fast as well ian, I tried the continental conti motions there a good tyre but noisy and didn't last long on those 1250 hire bikes the fronts went egg shaped I also liked those Maxxis super max but didn't get enough miles on them to see how long they last - i'll report back on these bridgestones when I get a few more miles in but so far there excellent thumbs

I've been running the Supermaxx Sport on my MT-09, front tyre looks like new, back is starting to wear down a bit now. Grip surprisingly well even in the wet! Over 3000 miles on them now as well Smile