Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

dangerous

Im begining to think how dangerous the roads to where i work are,

on my route there have been 3 fatal crashes in 48 hours!

sadly the one on the island at 10am today was a biker in his 70s, not sure who yet, its a small island so waiting to see if i know who he is. the car drivers been arrested on suspicion of death
via careless driving.

not good m8 think I heard that on facebook you got to be extra careful out there - ive taken to wearing hi vis Shocked should see the cars brake and part like waves especially if you ride like a copper.

@dick65 wrote:
not good m8 think I heard that on facebook you got to be extra careful out there - ive taken to wearing hi vis Shocked  should see the cars brake and part like waves especially if you ride like a copper.

Nooo..... Shocked not another Terry Fuckwit. So many of the riders I see in hi viz clearly look like they're wannabe professional riders. Normally have Pans or BMWs. Ah well, chacun a son gout. Laughing

if im doing long distant i have one of the H shapped belt high vis in my bag as i have been caught in sudden fog before.

was really thick fog this morning so it helped - you don't see many cops on suzi's Laughing

My gloves, jacket and backpack are all hi-viz for winter riding gear and my helmet glows blue in the dark, and riding a bike thats white at the front soon gets people moving out the way Laughing

@Davehutch wrote:
I am all black if your number is up it's up ,

thumbs That's ma boy!

Actually, hi viz doesn't work too well from the front-human eyes are peak sensitive so ppl are likely to see your headlight clearly but not much else. If they can see you in your jacket, it probably tells you as much about your headlamp as anything else. Smile

@Davehutch wrote:
I am all black if your number is up it's up ,

thumbs  That's ma boy!

Actually, hi viz doesn't work too well from the front-human eyes are peak sensitive so ppl are likely to see your headlight clearly but not much else. If they can see you in your jacket, it probably tells you as much about your headlamp as anything else. Smile
never rode with my headlight on either on my bandit , have no choice now with the king

johnny cash - the man in black - no wonder your battery lasted so long m8

I'm with dave on this one the couple of close calls I have had I could have been covered in flashing neon the thick blind feckers would have still not seen me.

@madcarper wrote:
I'm with dave on this one the couple of close calls I have had I could have been covered in flashing neon the thick blind feckers would have still not seen me.

close calls ive had were on small country roads - the tractor that twatted me was oblivious - I just wear it in fog on main roads hopefully stop em rear ending me

my biggest close one this year was someone purposely running me off the road.

so just shows ya

talkign about people pulling out, nearly got wiped out on a roundabout for m20 today, foreign lorry driver just went right infront of me, i know its hard for them to see, but my van does have 22 led side lights and 2 hid headlight bulbs that are rather bright lol

if that was bike i wouldnt have stopped so fast and know me i would have been going faster.