Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dirtydog

What the f**k

What the actual f**k S going off yet another bike gone missing it's getting a bit close for comfort a guy in the next village has had his aprilia nicked.. As soon as I can afford it im investing in a tracker or something similar as the thieving bastards don't seem to discriminate on what they take..

What do you guys do to keep your pride and joy safe?

Feckin scum. fighting

I use a oxford ground anchor, chain and padlock. Bike is alarmed and so is the garage then its blocked in by my car and our lasses car blocks the garage door.

@haveugot1 wrote:
Feckin scum. fighting

I use a oxford ground anchor, chain and padlock. Bike is alarmed and so is the garage then its blocked in by my car and our lasses car blocks the garage door.

Similar to my set up then.. my brother in law gave me 2 high security padlocks that they use on the shipping containers not convinced it's enough though Sad

@Davehutch wrote:
Garage alarm , bike alarm , 2 chains , van and trailer in front of doors , oh and 3 shot guns Very Happy

I think we've spoken about this before when the local scum bag tried to nick my crosser the other year...id thought of getting one of those bird scarers that take the blank shotgun cartridges I think it was the idea of a small explosion in a confined space filled with petrol fumes that put me off

Y anchor and English chain for 1 bike, old van engine block and chain for the other.  Dirt bikes chained together, and bikes being worked on on the ramps tend to be in various states of disassembly, so would need boxes to put the bits in.  Then the race van in front of the garage, and the caravan in front of that. Chains are mostly pointless as there are grinders/cutters etc inside there too, but it's just about slowing the scum down.

Oh, and a slight crazy dog:

[/url]

on the subject of grinders in the garage, I change the fuse that protects the garage to a 3 amp when I dont need power in there other than my optimate so if they do plug a grinder in as soon as its started the fuse will blow.

where i live now we have the cars on the drive then a big iron gate and then a small wooden gate and then the alarmed garage through the side door, havent got alarm on the duke yet though.

however where im moving to next week the garage is in the bottom of the house so they would only need to break the garage door open, so im going to get a ground ancor, and a buddy fits tracks for £100 and then £7.50 a month so think thats a way to go.

but there is so much theft right now

on the subject of grinders in the garage, I change the fuse that protects the garage to a 3 amp when I dont need power  in there other than my optimate so if they do plug a grinder in as soon as its started the fuse will blow.

That's a decent shout thumbs Mine's got it's own consumer unit, but it would be no hardship to pull the MCBs out if there were going to be a couple of days when I'm not there.

Again, I'd expect any half decent scumbag to go equipped with at least a cordless grinder, but it's all about stopping the opportunist scrotes and hopefully making the proper bad guys think it's too much hassle and go somewhere else.

As posted the other day, some scum broke the lock on our garage trying to steal the dominator. If the low life scum actually got off there ass and aren't like the rest of us, they might not steal.

@fr499y wrote:
As posted the other day, some scum broke the lock on our garage trying to steal the dominator. If the low life scum actually got off there ass and aren't like the rest of us, they might not steal.

its like putting a bone infront of a dog dude. how they are unfortunately. i blame the parents. even at 22 if i got caught thieving my mother would kick the sh#t out of me!

All down to respect and discipline, none of which the parents have, so the kids won't either! Grow up thinking everything they are doing is fine.

@fr499y wrote:
All down to respect and discipline, none of which the parents have, so the kids won't either! Grow up thinking everything they are doing is fine.

I'm always bollocking my 2 girls even though they are only 4&6 and a smacked arse isn't unusual in our house either worked fine for my parents thumbs

Bikes in the shed, sheds double locked.
Shed is in the back yard behind the house and behind padlocked gates.
Back yard has a miserable cattle dog in it.
Got some good neighbours who keep an eye on the place too.