Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Suzuki rectifier recall

I had a reg/rec failure on my old VFR. Was doing 90 in lane 3 of the M1 at the time Shocked it just killed the engine, hour's work to replace, happy ending. A good move is to install one of those little LED units from Gammatronix, keep tabs on things. Smile

they have just had another recall on DL models. It was not a safety recall as such but due to dogged persistence from members and spreading the word on forums they buckled. The recall was for wiring harness rubbing on the frame and one of the wiring connectors that goes to the ignition switch was not waterproof and was corroding

No mention of it here yet but at least Suzuki are starting to do the right thing. I'm guessing its not a Suzuki part but one that's outsourced like calipers, tyres, ECU's etc. Still, its down to Suzuki to take responsibility for their suppliers.

Much as I dislike the US's "we will sue you" attitude, it does set a presidence that makes it hard for other country's to ignore such issues. Many of our recalls start in the US and I'm not sure they would be so motivated without the "see you in court" culture.

Just phone Suzuki Australia.
Letters will be going out and we are getting the 2nd recall.

Thanks for the heads up.