Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Cornwall

Just booked a hotel for a week to go touring Cornwall this year , thought as we done Scotland last year we would try the other end Very Happy

If you never been, go Eden project Smile i went the first year it opened and two years back, going again this year trying to convince the misses to go on the bike. thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
If you never been, go Eden project Smile i went the first year it opened and two years back, going again this year trying to convince the misses to go on the bike. thumbs
Been

well I thought the eden project was shite and a ripoff, more expensive cafes than owt else.

@madcarper wrote:
well I thought the eden project was shite and a ripoff, more expensive cafes than owt else.

Ah but when you have free tickets, Win Win thumbs

@fr499y wrote:
@madcarper wrote:

Ah but when you have free tickets, Win Win thumbs

naahh you'd have to pay me to back in again, not that I don't like plants and nature in general just seemed to be nothing out of the ordinary there. but hey if it floats your boat go for it m8.

lol. Some good photo opportunities there and its interesting to see how it changes over the years. Pretty much the only reason I've been back. But yeah, its gotten very expensive and stupidly busy in the last 10 years!

Quite like Cornwall.
Went after the GP last year.
Eden Project, Jamaica Inn, Lost Gardens of Heligan, St Micheals Mt, Lands End. Rented a house at Port Mellon next to Mevagissey. Took my old Dad around a few of the huge old pump engines. Did the cliff walks to Gorran Haven with my sister. Wife liked most of Cornwall except for Newquay which she said was "too tacky", I liked the fact I could get Chicken Tikka Cornish Pastys!

Just remembered, I did like Tintagel Castle. Not much there but a great location, a good walk down to the ocean then a climb up to the castle remains. Perfect place to defend and hold up.

Have you been to St Micheals Mt Dave ?
Mont St Micheal in France is bigger and more impressive but the Cornish one is certainly worth a look if your that way inclined...

Tintagel Castle, that takes me back. In general the north coast I think is better. Bude's a nice little place, Crackington Haven if the surf's up Shocked and Boscastle of course. Smile

cut through cheddar gorge on the way down thumbs cracking roads through on the bike.

I liked to watch all the numptys in big flash motorhomes trying to get thru the little villages like bocastle

I mean, bloody hell Dave. For that mileage we could go to the Ardennes!! FFS get a passport Very Happy