Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Another job ticked off

Among the varied issues when I rode my ZZR back was a sticking rear brake. Seal kit arrived today, I'd already split the caliper and cleaned the pistons, so reassemble, new pads, bleed. It's as good as new. Proper chuffed I am. Will fit new front pads too.
So that's valve shims all up to scratch, new plugs, air filter and coolant. Just got what I think is a blocked pilot jet. Got some fuel treatment to try before I gut it again. Can live with it til winter anyway. So, I don't know whether to try and MoT it and hope he lets the chain go. I'd like to run it for a few hundred miles before deciding on a new chain but it does clunk a bit. It starts and idles a treat now though, i'm sure I've nailed the fuel issues. Smile

thumbs always nice when a job goes as planned, I did not know they tested the chain never seen any of the testers check mine. Shocked

Quick test ride today, looking promising. And changed the oil & filter on my VFR. I'm actually starting to get on top of things. thumbs

Had a job in Market Harborough today Dave-only had to overtake once between there and Melton. Typical eh?! Rolling Eyes

I had an advisory once for a slack chain - it was about 3mm out Shocked

Had a job in Market Harborough today Dave-only had to overtake once between there and Melton. Typical eh?! Rolling Eyes
sods law mate , I never see as many bikes on that road as we did

I am always jealous when someone says they have bled their brakes. I always seem to have so much trouble bleeding mine. This time round I did each caliper on its own day so as not to get pissed off. They are still not where I want them. On my last M.O.T. I had advisories on my rotor discs ( slightly warped) So I will be changing those soon hoping the reduced braking efficiency was due to them.