Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RnestseekR

PRAISES FOR PROTECTION

On Wednesday night of this week, I dreamed that a black truck was coming at me with great speed, just as it was to hit me, it dissipated. Then a white truck came at me. Again, just as it was about to hit me, it dissipated. Finally, a red truck - same scenario. I did not post the dream, I felt like there was a literal interpretation. Needless to say, I prayed for protection while driving all day on Thursday and was extra cautious, especially at stoplights! Thursday passed but the dream did not, so I thought perhaps I had been protected since the scenario never evolved.
But last night (Friday), I had to go to a memorial garden dedication for godson who passed away the end of June in a nearby town. I was NOT going to miss it, despite some bad weather in the area. I left early to allow plenty of time. Little did I know, there were tornadoes throughout the entire metro. Believe me, had I known, we would not have gone. Anyways, just as I was getting ready to cross the Missouri River on a major highway, I hit flash flooding. There was no where to go - cement barracades on my R (I was in the far L lane), flooding waters everywhere, and I could not see out my windshield. When I hit the flood waters, my engine stalled. I quickly freaked - the engine would not start! I tried to call 9-1-1 but could not get through - I imagine b/c of the weather of the night. Then, looking into my rearview mirror was the black truck I had seen in my dreams. I really started to freak. I had my 3 kids in the car with me. The black truck had no way of knowing that I was not on the median (there was no median going onto the bridge), that I was stoppped - not just going to slow - and that they were about to hit the same flashflooding that I'd hit. Even if they realized all this, could they keep control of their truck and not hydroplane? I told my kids to brace themselves that we were going to be hit . . . and just as I got ready to say the word "now", the truck regained control and moved over a lane. Then, true to my dream, the white truck came within another minute. I told my kids the same thing and just as I was sure there was going to be impact, the truck came to a halt and went around us. I started looking for the red truck, knowing it was coming. It did. She stopped. This was the end of my dream so I thought I'd better get some help. I got out of my vehicle. The flood waters had receded and were now only over the tops of my feet. I flagged the driver down and asked her to push be across 3 lanes of traffic to the median on the right. She agreed. When her truck made contact with my vehicle, I tried one more time and my vehicle started!!! I then made it across the bridge. I had moved into the R lane and gone another 100 feet and hit flood waters again! This time, though, the waters were not so high and left me with some momentum when my engine stalled. I was able to coast onto the median, wait a while and my vehicle finally started. I only missed the first half of one song of my the memorial/garden dedication.
I thank God for his protection over me and my 3 kids. I thank the Holy Spirit for the dream, I stayed much more calm (not as calm as I should have - call me Peter!), and didn't make a rash decision like pulling my kids out into the flood waters. I thank Jesus for His love for me! May God receive the highest glory!!! I cannot put into words the closeness I feel to Jesus. Indeed, if he clothes the lillies of the field and feeds the birds in the air, will He not take care of me also!?!

Wow!!!!

You blessed me with your testimony! God is indeed faithful, and he loves us so much!

Delaine