Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pensador

The Source Of All Dreams

A blogg I wrote about dreams:

In my past 2 years with the Lord, the Lord has dynamically spoken to me in the realm of dreaming. Through much confusion, mistakes, and praying, the voice of God through dreams has proven to be a very essential tool in being guided by the Lord in my personal life. Now there seems to be two extremes in the Body of Christ when it comes to prophetic dreaming: (1.)Those that think every dream mean something and (2.) Those that react to the abuse of the prophetic movement by throwing dreams out all together. Both extremes are wrong, the Bible is very clear both in the Old(Joseph of Egypt) and in the New Testament(Joseph of Bethlehem) that God speaks to his children in dreams. Both in symbols and plainly, both in short term prediction and in long term prediction. In fact many today in middle eastern countries claim to have been saved through a visitation of the Lord himself through a dream of the night. Others claim to have been shown hell/heaven, spiritual beings(angels), fallen saints, future events and even the end times it self through dreams of the night. So the question remains, which dreams should I take seriously and which dreams should I throw out? Well lets start off with a basic but essential truth, there are only three possible places dreams can come from: God, your soul, or the devil.

God:God loves to speak to his people, and many times the only time he can get your mind still enough to get a word in is when your asleep. The mind unsubmitted to the Spirit of God is a hindrance to hearing God. I can discuss theory and theology all day but I want to get practical. So here is a few things that I have noticed in my own life that point a dream as a message from God.

1. Vividness/Clarity/Vibe - Usually when God speaks to you in a dream it is incredibly vivid, not only is it vivid it stirs your soul, there are lots of emotions, colors, and details(but take note, that not all the time). You might awake to the presence of God, or you might awake with the interpretation already branded in you. Sometimes the Lord will awake you in the middle of the night and unction you to write the dream down. The feel(or vibe) of the dream will always catch your attention(and it will usually be heavenly in nature). You might catch yourself thinking about it all day the day after.

2.Substance- Dreams the Lord give are also usually full of (biblical)symbolism, and heavenly content.

Devil: Many times people will have dreams in which they are sure are of spiritual value, because it was so real, it had so much emotion involved. It impacted them so greatly. But just because a dream is spiritually originated, it does not mean the dream came from God. There are sure indications when you have a demonically inspired dream.

1.Vibe(feeling)/Substance-If you wake up anguished, sad, depressed, fearful, or in terror. Its most likely that the dream you just had was originated in the pit of hell(a little dramatic but true). Though this concept might sound very simple, its amazing to me how many Christians get it wrong. My mother has been called with people telling her that they had a dream she died, so she should be careful. Even if the Lord gives out a dream of warning(which is very rare) it is usually for you to pray it through, and the feel of the dream won’t be tragic or demonic in nature. It is very important that you pay attention to the *feel* of the dream.

Soul: Many dreams are not spiritually natured at all, they are completely generated in your soul and have nothing to do with God, or the devil. Now this is the tough source of dreaming, the one it takes seasoning to properly discern. Though there a very basic but sure ways to discern in between a spiritual or soulish dream.

1. Randomness- Dreams that just come from your head are usually very odd. Outlandish(Alice in Wonderland like) in nature, they are contradictory or unsymmetric. This is where the prophetic movement gets wacky, there is a fine line in between symbolism and goofiness. To try to look for God in that mess is foolishness, its like looking for hair on an egg. I see dream interpreters interpret all sorts of crazy dreams that really don’t mean anything. These prophetic teachers need the discernment to be able to tell someone: ”I feel like, maybe you had pizza the night before?”.. ”I hear the Lord saying…I don’t even know what that means”.

Interpretation:There are other times the people of God miss the guidance the Lord is providing because they sweep a dream under the carpet and refuse to go to God for the interpretation. (Hosea 4:6- “My people perish for lack of knowledge”)

Meditation- sometimes it just takes some Holy Ghost meditating before you receive the interpretation to your prophetic dream (Acts 10:19- ” And while Peter was earnestly revolving the vision in his mind and meditating on it, the Spirit said to him…” )
Praying it through-

Submit it to counsel- It is always good to submit your dreams to spiritual brothers and sisters around you who can help you interpret it, and even give you a new perspective on what you feel the Lord is saying to you. The Lord recently led me to a forum which has been of much help to me, the people here actually care about praying your dream through and their also pretty grounded in the word. If interested check it out: /forum.htm

Praying it through- Pray your dream through, I cannot emphasize this enough. One thing you do not want to be lazy about is what the Lord is saying to you. For Life is in his voice, and you might want to know what the creator of the heavens and the earth is trying to say to you. (pray in tongues while meditating on it).

Dream Charts/Symbolism Dictionaries- If the dream chart your looking at is rooted and grounded in symbols from the word of God it can be of help, but every dream must be taken in its direct context, no symbol is the same meaning every time, God is bigger than that. For me personally charts and dream dictionaries have helped shed greater light on dreams I already had the interpretation too. Make sure you go to God yourself, God loves to speak to his children and the reason he gave you that dream was not to confuse but to enlighten you and bring you closer to him.

Keys to Prophetic Dreams:

-Sleep in the glory of God, the voice of God lies withing the presence of God.
-Pray in tongues, revelation is released when you speak the mysteries of God.
-Ask- you’ll be surprised what God will release to you, when you just take the time to ask him.
-Expect prophetic dreams- you’ll attract what you expect.
-Don’t give up, If you don’t receive them at first press in till you do. Its a really good feeling to know the Lord is leading you.

Dreams are a great way the Lord speaks to us, it is avalaible for all christians because of God’s love. I feel like the Lord does speak to some of you in dreams but you ignore them because of your lack of knowledge or lack of interest in them. I recommend you start paying attention to your dreams, I mean you do sleep years of your life away. If your interested in God, you must be interested in every way he speaks. Draw near to him and he will draw near to you…. Amen!

www.globalrevival.wordpress.com

I have learnt so much from what you have stated above. It has helped me greatly. Thank you very much for your posting. thumbs

Thank you, Pensador!

I MUST take the time to pray the interpretation of my dreams through!

Delaine

I have a challenge for you....define biblically that dreams come from the devil. You'll save me some homework if you can do it.

Thanks!

love,
Mia

PS Thanks for mentioning us in your blog!! Hugs!

pensador wrote:
A blogg I wrote about dreams:

Meditation- sometimes it just takes some Holy Ghost meditating before you receive the interpretation to your prophetic dream (Acts 10:19- ” And while Peter was earnestly revolving the vision in his mind and meditating on it, the Spirit said to him…” )
Praying it through-

I love that!

Desiree (Starpop) wrote:
If you have the holyghost you should! Tongues come with the holyghost! (Acts 2:1-4)

nope

Desiree asked:

not trying to debate but I want to ask you this:

How does one know they have the holyghost (God has come into their heart) if they don't speak in tongues? Not saying that if you don't speak in tongues you're not saved (because only a person will know that) but what about the initial "infilling"? Just wanted your thoughts. Again, I'm not trying to debate the issue just wanted to ask
smooches in love
desiree

Do most people speak in tongues when they are filled with Holy Spirit? Probably.

The best way of telling if you've been filled with the Holy Spirit is if you've become a new creature. When I was filled, I did speak in other tongues but the most amazing part of the filling was the dramatic change in me.

See, in Acts they had tongues of fire sitting on them too but we don't see that happening any more but it doesn't mean that we aren't filled with the Holy Spirit because tongues of fire never sat on us. =)

I am not going to tell anyone what to believe or what the truth is. We all have the bible and the Holy Spirit to teach us. What I am going to do is point out some scriptures to provoke your own thoughts and beliefs.

1 Corinthians 12:28

And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:30

Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues ? Do all interpret?

46Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
" 'I have made you[g] a light for the Gentiles,
that you[h] may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'[i]"

48When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Acts 13:49The word of the Lord spread through the whole region. 50But the Jews incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men of the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them from their region. 51So they shook the dust from their feet in protest against them and went to Iconium. 52And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. (This was after they were filled on the day of pentecost. So that means.............)

thank you Mia for that reassurance.i have been born again for many years but have never spoken in tongues.that hasnt stopped me from praying powerfully in the Spirit.i believe its a gift and those who dont have it are blessed in other areas.
God bless you for this ministry.it has brought into my life a new perspective praiseGod