Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sC0rCh3d

Inacuracies?

How are we supposed to approach things like this?:

in the beginning of Mark, we read that Jesus approaches Simon(Peter) and his brother Andrew and tells them to Follow Him.

but in John, we read that Andrew already met Jesus and THEN went and told Simon that he found
The Messiah.

there's PLENTY more examples of this kind of thing in The Bible.

so how are we supposed to approach little inaccuracies, little contradictions like this?

I'm not trying to insult, I'm trying to learn here.

Because I can't ignore stuff like this, I MUST find compensation for these things.

Resolution,

The Bible never contradicts itself. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John tell the story from their own perspectives. It's just like two people seeing the same picture, but when they rehearse it to someone else, they tell it the way THEY saw it.

I am not a Bible scholar, and I don't know everything there is to know about it. But I do know that if you really want to learn, get in a good Bible teaching church, and you will begin to understand how to study the Word so that it makes sense to you.

I hope that helps! :yes:

Delaine

I agree with Delaine. They tell the story from their own perspectives. Each has a different spin on the same story.

God Bless,

Connie :cute:

I realize it's all 'Perspective' but their supposed 'Perspectives' are WAY TOO CONTRADICTORY to give any value to the story they are telling.

These 'Perspectives' are COSTING peoples' souls because the contradictions were too great and they discarded Christianity all together all to the damnation of their souls. I'm just telling it like it is.

one person says Jesus said or did this, the next person says Jesus said or did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE. The OPPOSITE! That's too hard to ignore.

for example:

in Matthew, Jesus instructs his disciples to NOT take a staff nor wear sandals.

however in Mark, Jesus instructs them to TAKE A STAFF and WEAR SANDALS.

so you see, these supposed 'Perspectives' of people do no justice for the account of Jesus' ministry.

Why would God allow such contradictions?

How could an ALL POWERFUL/PERFECT God allow this?

Doesn't He realize the effect this has on our minds?

Too many just don't *Sync Up*

stuff like this only gives atheists MORE reason to discredit God and The Bible.

In the case of Matthew and Mark and Jesus instructing His disciples what to take and not take, those are some VERY faulty 'Perspectives'.

which one are we supposed to believe?

I could be wrong here but if you look for a fault you will find one.

Put 10 people in a room and have them all tell the same story. Each person will remember that story somewhat differently. You have to look at the bigger picture here. Don't get hung up on semantics. For instance: does it really matter to the overall truth if Peter walked next to Jesus or if he sat next to Jesus? The truth is that Jesus was with Peter. The Bible is written by man inspired by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the Word and the Word is Truth.....you my friend have to make a decision to believe that Truth or not. I would seek out Jesus here and ask Him to define that Truth for you.

Hope this helps,

Connie praying

Resolution, i believe the book "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel will answer these questions you have. Check it out when you have time.
blessings,
Daph