Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TrustinChristAlone

Just getting some input

I had someone tell me that showing love is most important....I was like no, our job is to share the gospel that Christ died, was buried and rose on the 3rd day.....so what is most important for Christian to be doing?

I would say both (lol) because both are very very important. The two greatest commandments are to love the Lord with all our soul, mind and strength and the second greatest commandment is to love our neighbours as ourself. Sometimes when we share the gospel, persons may not be receptive to it but if we love them as they are and treat them right (not acting as if we are better than them) that can make them want to become a Christian. Love is very important as 1 Corinthians 13 states.

The gospel IS Jesus and Jesus/God IS Love...Like Butterfly said, it's all in the same...the fact that we reach out and share the gospel IS LOVE!!

that makes sense.....but the reason I posted the question is b/c someone I was talking to on AOL instant messenger said that they only show love and wasn't sharing the gospel.