Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Heleadsme

Issues at my workplace...or more...my reaction to them

I need prayer!
This is one of those...right in your face...types of situations where the pressure coming needs to be dealt with.
I am really struggling at one of my jobs.
There is so much that goes on that I have wanted to stay out of...but I find I am pulled in. tornado
Long story short...I am not happy with MY behavior...how I have reacted to situations and co workers and because of this, I detest going to work!!! I am feeling...overpowered at this time!
So I would love if some of you would stand with me in prayer that I can react in fashion of the overcomer that I know I am!!!
I feel there must be things I am to do...to pull myself out...things said to co workers or bosses...I'm just not sure what all...wanting things to get set straight as far as my part and learn to react in a Godly way no matter what.
I read yesterday online...that the Lord will put you with people who seem to go against your grain... :slapfight: to teach you how to react the right way. That these going against the grains...are His way of polishing us...
WELL HE MUST BE BUFFING ME VIGOROUSLY...
Oh Lord help me God!!!

Got any help for me out there in computer land? White Flag

Thanks...ahead of time...cuz I know help is on the way....Lord bless ya one and all!

I know what you mean! That refining process can be humbling if not painful!Let me offer the following (Unfortunately, I'm not in a position right now to search for specific scriptures, will follow up with some)...

What has helped me over the years is:

1) Get girded up in the Lord beforehand so that you can remember Whose you are - read the Gospels and see how Jesus dealt with the Pharisees (who worked MY nerves, I've always admired Jesus' ability to stay cool when under attack) even during His own persecution. He knew that there was a larger plan at stake and didn't let them trip Him up...these traits are is also YOUR inheritance as a child of God, pray for these traits, pray for an increase in the fruits of the Spirit. Also, read the Psalms - David dealt with persecution and adversity and always sought the Lord's refuge...some of the following have been helpful to me in dealing with bad/unfair situations and people: Psalm 31, 34, 35,37, 55, 82. Also 91/121 because of Ephesians 6:
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

Remember that it's Satan and his army that you're battling through your co-worker's, it's not them specifically. Once you are able to remember that what you're encountering is spiritual warfare, you can take up your armor, come against it in the name of Jesus and stand. soldier Also, memorize scriptures that really minister to your heart and stand on them in prayer and repeat them over the course of the day...

2) Anticipate that which you can - Satan is clever but let's not give him more credit than he deserves...he knows your weaknesses and will strategize based on them...but you know your weaknesses too so it's time to do an honest assessment to come to terms with your weaknesses and repent where necessary and ask for healing/strength/etc. where necessary. (Not saying this is you, just saying IF this is you...) That may involve seeking help from a minister, counselor, deliverance minister in addition to have people praying for you. It also involves knowing what tools will be used against you - the person who always teases you about whatever...the person who always has to find something wrong with your work and usually what they find is either so unimportant it's pathetic or technically they're right but nobody cares, the person who has appointed themselves to be your shadow - they watch what time you get to/leave work, go to/from lunch, etc. and you wonder if they have enough work to do because they spend an inordinate amount of time watching you (unfortunately, these can also be misguided bosses). Ok, you get the picture. Pray for these people. Seriously. As you know, prayer changes things and prayer can change people.

3) Take ownership of you and your space. Praise and worship on your way to work is critical - pray for patience and for the Holy Spirit to guide you and your words (or what ever it is specifically you need that day), put on your praise music and praise Him all the way to work...you will enter the workplace remembering WHOSE you are and WHO you will honor through your actions that day...the things that would normally push your buttons will bounce off of your Teflon armor (well, at least more of them will... bandaid...but it will get better over time if not immediately)...put on preaching tapes/CD's/mp3s there are some preachers out there who will get you fired up, your chest will be so big in the Lord that the building doors will be too small for you to enter...lol! ...if you want some recommendations, PM me and I'll share some....

If it's possible to have music on low in your workspace, keep your praise and worship music on in your workspace to keep it sanctified. It will keep the enemy out and keep you in the spirit and focused. If you can't have music on, get earphones or use a MP3 player. I listen to preaching tapes while at work and find them very helpful in maintaining my focus. If you can't listen to music at all, then remember lyrics and sing to yourself.

4) Strategic prayer. Pray before meetings/events, pray when you feel that tightening in your neck...don't wait until your "reserve nerve" (this is the one after your last nerve) is the only one you have left... lol! When you feel the attack coming or have been attacked and you just want so badly to respond, pray and call out for Jesus and call/text other friends to intercede for you at that moment.

Hope this is helpful! Let us know how things go and we'll continue to keep you in prayer!

Blessings,

Lurdys

LURDY!!!!
MY goodness...such meat you tossed on my plate! I got my fork and knife ready to dig in!
I am printing out your response...
Want to know what's funny??? Part of what you shared is actually part of what I am dealing with!!! LOL...the co worker who watches my every move, waiting for me to mess up...Lordy Lordy Lordy...that is just a smidgen...but yes...you do understand.
Going to go over the list...and start taking action!!!
Oh boy...thanks a whole bunch!