Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliveforjesus

Just moved to Spokane, being attacked hard- please help!

Hello Ladies (and men!)..
I haven't been on here for awhile, mostly because we have been consumed with our move from Seattle to Spokane, which occurred October 1st...
Since then, our family has been attacked hard..Our landlord (first time renting a house) has been extremely controlling since we have moved in and has gone as far as entering our home without even notice or permission from us, and has even said his wife will hang drapes she chooses instead of allowing me to hang my drapes..I find this behavior odd, and offensive to say the least.
Another issue is that we literally no no one in this town and I am feeling very isolated..I need friends! We have attended a couple of recommended churches but am not sure which one we should make home..Any suggestions from any of you?
My husband is having to drive back and forth to Seattle and spend the night there two nights a week and come home late on the third night..I have three small children (ages 7 - 2) and feel overwhelmed and exhausted....
My husband is very stressed out and lied to me Monday about something trivial, yet it angered me because although he says he is walking with God, he displays behavior like this and I feel like I cannot trust him and I am alone on a island..
Please help and pray for me!!
Thank you all!
Pamela

p.s. I am continuing with my daily Bible Study time (hour a day) but have not had it together enough to soak in the Lord..

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time. You are most likely in the right place because the devil wouldn't push that hard at you if you were outside of God's will.

Continue to spend this season seeking God and only speak when He tells you to speak. Your feelings of isolation is of the enemy...you are NOT alone and God desires for you to use this time of not having people you can turn to and use it to turn to him.

I sense this is a season of maturing for you and your family. The wonderful thing is that God loves to reward you well after going through something as difficult as this.

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Also...check the renter's laws in your state. Make sure what your landlord is doing is legal...where I live, it's ILLEGAL for them to inter the property without notice or permission. If you find that it is ILLEGAL...report it. That is the only way you are going to keep them out of your home. Do this ASAP!

Thank you Cholette..Your words have greatly encouraged me..Like you said, the Lord clearly led us here and it was only because of His leading that we moved..He gave us confirmation after confirmation that He had big plans for us out here...I appreciate your kindness and wisdom...I send you Love and blessings!! Thank you so much again!

Cholette- A confimation that what you said is true...The enemy is angry and a year ago he did everything in his power to stop us from moving to Spokane and succeeded..Anyway, we finally broke through and got here..Last night, while my husband was in Seattle working, he told me he was attacked really hard by a horrible demonic oppression in his hotel room..He woke up choking and felt a hand on his throat choking him..He said he felt terrified, and started to try to speak the name "Jesus"..he tried and tried and finally the words came out and the choking stop..He said after the choking the presence was so strong in the room that he got up and started quoting Psalms..The presence then left....This is some of the worst attacks we have had in our family!

All I can say is that your family is on your way to something BIG!!!! Rejoice in this season and don't let fear stand in your way. Know without any doubt that the devil and his pack of demons have ALREADY been defeated. When you understand that Jesus already went through this for your family and won the fight for you, you can walk in the victory. That's why it says in God's Word that we ARE overcomers. You are just walking through this "valley of the SHADOW of death". It's only a shadow and your husbands attack proved that...nothing happened. He did he was supposed to do and went to the Word of God.

I applaude the two of you, God is doing some remarkable things for you.

Thank you Cholette! Your wisdom and encouraging words gave me strength..Thank God for using you!! Thank you Sister!!

Hi Pam -

I haven't visited this site in a long time, but I just saw this post from you from last October. I pray things are going better for you and your family. I, too moved from the Seattle area to Spokane, but almost 15 years ago. Did you find a church and is there anything you need?

God Bless - Christin

Things are going BETTER- thank you for asking! But, we are still church hopping, which is frustrating...We live on the South Hill..Do you know of any great churches you could suggest? Thank you so much!!

Hi Pamela!

Have you tried Life Center? Not super close, but very large with many activities to join, which I'm sure you know is the key. There's bound to be an activity and a Life Group for everyone in the family, which is where the real ministry and opportunity to connect is at. I don't know what your home church was like on the left side of the state, but for Spokane they are pretty progressive while staying within the covers of the Word.

Being in the Valley, I'm more familiar with churches out here and a few up North, but I will ask around for you and let you know what recommendations I get.

Godspeed! Christina

Thanks Christina! We went to Life Center and liked it (although it was LARGE :) ) but did not attend any small groups..Maybe that is what was missing..We were fairly close to it (15 minutes)..Anyway, any more ideas would be great and very much appreciated..Thank you so much!

It is huge & can make you feel insignificant and invisible. Personally, I would sign up for several Life Groups at the same time to find the one(s) that has the most in common with your family. That way you don't make the mistake I did - sign up for one at a time and then feeling guilty for not wanting to attend that one. Plus with summer coming, you have less time to find one you like before they end or dwindle in attendance. I like Life Center and their plants because (the music) and they have bible-study driven Life Groups and activity-based groups - bicycling, sewing, biker chicks for Christ, exercizing, quilting, camping, etc. Or at least they used to - I would google churches in spokane and find a website that looks interesting? I'm with ya, sister. I'm looking for that right place myself. I'll be praying for you - mp me anytime!

Thanks so much Christina- pls email me or send me a msg if you find any great ones- or just to chat!! blessings to you!