Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aliveforjesus

I just want and NEED MORE of Jesus

I have been a Christian for twenty years, and have been REALLY seeking Him for a good ten years..My prayer to the Lord today is one of desperation and frustration and I am asking that you intercede with me...The Lord is so intimately involved with our lives in every area, and I know that is the case..Yet HEARING His guidance and voice is so hard for me..I have read mountains of books on how to do this, I try soaking when I can once a day (I have a very rambunctious two year old which makes this more difficult, and two other children as well..)but, I want and NEED His guidance 24/7...He is IN OUR HEARTS and we are in Him, so WHY is it so difficult to maintain a much desired intimacy with him continually? I have asked Him to reveal to me what is getting in the way..I don't or just can't have Him when I actually have 15 minutes to soak..I need His guidance continually..Anyone experience this frustration and solve it? I know I need His Grace and I ask for more of that as well...Help!!!

I can be touched by what you are going through. When I first came to the Lord I was a part of a very large and mature church. I felt out of place. People used to get up and say what the Lord was telling them and I remember thinking "man, I want to know what it feels like to hear God's voice". I went and bought books just like you did. I prayed, cried and became frustrated because I couldn't hear him. I was a single mom of a small son at the time so I know what you mean about the rambunctious little one. It seemed like I couldn't get a quiet moment.

One night I had a dream about an open Bible...the scripture was 1 Corinthians 2. I read it and read it and it really made sense to me, but I just didn't "get" why he was showing it to me. It didn't dawn on me that God was showing me that He wanted me to get into His Word. Once I understood that, I realized that the way He was going to train me to hear His voice was to speak to me through His Word. I began turning to scriptures and it was like they were speaking directly to me. The ones that seemed to pop off the page at you. God chose to speak to me in that fashion until I was able to hear him speak. I can't tell you when it happened, but one day I just began to hear His voice.

I think the main point I'm trying to make is, God speaks to us in different ways...sometimes it's with the presence or absence of peace, sometimes it's through His word, sometimes its through someone else and then sometimes it's by hearing his voice. If you can't hear Him speak inside, then go to His Word and let Him speak to you there.

I ended up becoming so used to him speaking to me in his scriptures that I find myself looking for that same thing now in my life, but it doesn't happen that way for me anymore. He's speaking to me directly now. Start in His word and then let Him take you from there. God is ALWAYS speaking, but you have to find the right frequency for you. Most likely, due to your schedule with children, the Word of God is the best thing for you now.

I hope this helps...

Oh by the way...you have ALL the Grace that you need for this life. You just need to walk in it...meaning, realize that all that you need to live this life in Christ has been provided. You desire intimacy, but times that by 1000+ and that's how much he desires YOU!!!

Cholette- you are an answer to my prayers..I do hear Him speaking to me in the scriptures every morning! I ask a direct question and He answers me every time..I just desire hearing Him..I covet what you have..Maybe He will shower it upon me in due time..It is driving me crazy! I just want to hear Him guide me when I am driving down the road, and every moment..So when you hear Him, you KNOW it is Him now? How I would love that!! Thank you for your email Sister!

You will hear Him there in due season. If you want it, you can believe He wants it even more.

Yes, when I hear Him now, I KNOW it's Him. There is not doubt. The only doubt comes when he says things that goes against the grain of my mind. If he tells me to do something that doesn't make "logical" sense I tend to question. The thing about hearing Him, He leaves a beautiful peace behind what He says. That's the difference between hearing his voice and thinking it's your own voice.

Relax...enjoy Him speaking to you through the Word of God because that is more precious than you think!!!