Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

Strife.................

I just wanted to share some things I read from a book about strife.

Strife is defined in Merriam Webster's dictionary as:

1 a : bitter sometimes violent conflict or dissension b : an act of contention : fight, struggle
2 : exertion or contention for superiority

I have been reading a Christian book about strife and it gave examples how allowing strife in our life can affect us. A man for instance was angry with his wife and he went to bed in that frame of mind. God told him that because of the strife that he had in his heart towards his wife that he allowed a demonic of strife to enter in his home. God showed him a vision of that demon. The demon of strife had on armour, he had on a helmet of pride, a breastplate of unrighteousness, a sword of bitterness, a shield of hate, a hammer of judgement, a cloak of deception, boots of anger, speaking forth lies.

Sometimes the reason why me personally and my family as well may have problems is because of strife and I found out by reading this book. There was a married Christian couple who had strife in their marriage, God told them to deal with it but they wouldn't listen, they had one disaster after another until finally their entire house burned down. That was a wake up call for them. Another case was a Christian lady who was married to a non Christian man because he wasn't a Christian she wasn't happy with him, it caused strife in her marriage. God told her to keep the strife out of her home but she wouldn't listen, she had one disaster after another (such as car breaking down, washing machine breaking down , various things breaking down) until her roof ended up caving in. She realized that because she allowed strife in her home that is what happened. There was another person where God revealed to them that the reason why her family line had a long list of divorces was because of strife. Strife in a home can bring sickness, monetary problems, disasters in people's life.

So when we pray about circumstances we need to ensure that our own personal lives are in obedience to God, that we don't allow strife into our personal lives, family, church life and relationships because strife can affects us adversely.

Thanks for posting this butterfly. I grew up with strife in the home and in fact my "christian" parents (mainly my mother) starts it all. She is still vicious and cruel to her husband who has somehow put up with it since I was 4. She gets seriously nasty with him and it makes me sick to hear and watch and it starts with him telling her she did something and she will vehemently deny it and even I believe that she did do it!! She'll say she didn't do something even after I just finished watching her Do it, she'll deny it. I don't know if she does it absent mindedly but she will NEVEr admit to doing Anything at all. She's Always right (only in her eyes). She's even gotten into arguments with me about MY own memory of my Babyhood with her telling me that I don't remember at all blah blah blah and that if I do it's only because I created a false memory from her telling me stories!!! This was last time I saw her and it pissed her off so bad she was on the verge of Slapping me!!! She told me she's never going to tell me about my childhood again!!!!! It was over my nephew taking his mittens off outside and him crying and his hands were red and my sister not putting his gloves back on and my memory of taking my mittens off after my mom told me not too... How benign of a story can you get???!!! She was so vicious and cruel to me a few years ago that I only just started talking to her again. I grew up with it but after of marriage and living in another country and state for 10 years was not used to it anymore.
I try not to strive with my husband but I can't help it. I feel compelled. Sometimes it him that starts the striving.

I too grew up in a home with a lot of strife between my parents. This negative experience and God speaking through His Word (never to let the sun go down on your anger, Eph.4:26) has made me decide to not let strife be the downfall of my marriage and/or other relationships. And it works! Sometimes, regardless if I'm right or wrong, I will still ask my husband for forgiveness for my part in whatever argument(as eventhough i might be right,i've usually said something wrong at some time... ) and as this causes his and my heart to soften, this usually makes him respond by accepting my peace offering and forgiving me. As a result he will then reflect upon himself and ask me for forgiveness(..!..) and then we talk it out(i'm big on communication;-) Sounds simple, but this way i know i'm not giving the devil a foothold and the problem is solved when it's still minor;-)
Marriage (and Holy Spirit) is teaching me about being able to humble myself.. The same principle works in my friendships. I ask the Holy Spirit to help and guide what and when to say things, and believe me, this (the humbling myself part..)didn't come naturally to me....but with God anything is possible.

Traveller

butterfly wrote:
I just wanted to share some things I read from a book about strife.

Strife is defined in Merriam Webster's dictionary as:

1 a : bitter sometimes violent conflict or dissension b : an act of contention : fight, struggle
2 : exertion or contention for superiority

I have been reading a Christian book about strife and it gave examples how allowing strife in our life can affect us. A man for instance was angry with his wife and he went to bed in that frame of mind. God told him that because of the strife that he had in his heart towards his wife that he allowed a demonic of strife to enter in his home. God showed him a vision of that demon. The demon of strife had on armour, he had on a helmet of pride, a breastplate of unrighteousness, a sword of bitterness, a shield of hate, a hammer of judgement, a cloak of deception, boots of anger, speaking forth lies.

Sometimes the reason why me personally and my family as well may have problems is because of strife and I found out by reading this book. There was a married Christian couple who had strife in their marriage, God told them to deal with it but they wouldn't listen, they had one disaster after another until finally their entire house burned down. That was a wake up call for them. Another case was a Christian lady who was married to a non Christian man because he wasn't a Christian she wasn't happy with him, it caused strife in her marriage. God told her to keep the strife out of her home but she wouldn't listen, she had one disaster after another (such as car breaking down, washing machine breaking down , various things breaking down) until her roof ended up caving in. She realized that because she allowed strife in her home that is what happened. There was another person where God revealed to them that the reason why her family line had a long list of divorces and conflicts was because of strife. Strife in a home can bring sickness, monetary problems, disasters in people's life.

So when we pray about circumstances we need to ensure that our own personal lives are in obedience to God, that we don't allow strife into our personal lives, family, church life and relationships because strife can affects us adversely.

Oooohhhh Butterfly.....that is music to my ears!!!!!! "To Rejoice in the Truth'' Thank you, that is awesome!!!!! Bring some more goodies to the table. Amen and Amen.

Sister Halo

Thanks everyone for answering, you're welcome Halo.

Sometimes we can also be at strife with our own selves and with God as well. Stife is a major issue issue within me personally and in my family. Extensive quarrelings, disputes, unforgiveness and the list goes on. As a matter of fact a relative of mine is being destroyed by unforgiveness.

The book also mentioned a case how a witch infiltrated a church. Basically she came to the church stating how God has delievered her from witchcraft..... She attended every prayer meeting, bible study, she became very involved in the church ...... What she began to do was to seperate people in the church starting one rumour after another about various members which people believed, eventually the church broken up completely and when that happened she left.

hind'sfeet wrote:
Thanks for posting this butterfly. I grew up with strife in the home and in fact my "christian" parents (mainly my mother) starts it all. She is still vicious and cruel to her husband who has somehow put up with it since I was 4. She gets seriously nasty with him and it makes me sick to hear and watch and it starts with him telling her she did something and she will vehemently deny it and even I believe that she did do it!! She'll say she didn't do something even after I just finished watching her Do it, she'll deny it. I don't know if she does it absent mindedly but she will NEVEr admit to doing Anything at all. She's Always right (only in her eyes). She's even gotten into arguments with me about MY own memory of my Babyhood with her telling me that I don't remember at all blah blah blah and that if I do it's only because I created a false memory from her telling me stories!!! This was last time I saw her and it pissed her off so bad she was on the verge of Slapping me!!! She told me she's never going to tell me about my childhood again!!!!! It was over my nephew taking his mittens off outside and him crying and his hands were red and my sister not putting his gloves back on and my memory of taking my mittens off after my mom told me not too... How benign of a story can you get???!!! She was so vicious and cruel to me a few years ago that I only just started talking to her again. I grew up with it but after of marriage and living in another country and state for 10 years was not used to it anymore.
I try not to strive with my husband but I can't help it. I feel compelled. Sometimes it him that starts the striving.

God understands that we are not going to get along with everybody especially people who are cruel to us. In times when we feel strife coming on we can pray in our minds asking God to help us to not allow strife to be in our lives.

One of my family members has been cruel at times to me, and I have distanced myself from that relative because that is the only way to keep the peace between us, if two persons can no longer get along sometimes it is best they seperate from each other even if it's for a short time.

In terms of marriage, I'm not married so I can't give marital advice but for the sake of marriage as traveller say sometimes we have to disagree agreeably for the sake of peace to continue in the marriage.

traveller wrote:
I too grew up in a home with a lot of strife between my parents. This negative experience and God speaking through His Word (never to let the sun go down on your anger, Eph.4:26) has made me decide to not let strife be the downfall of my marriage and/or other relationships. And it works! Sometimes, regardless if I'm right or wrong, I will still ask my husband for forgiveness for my part in whatever argument(as eventhough i might be right,i've usually said something wrong at some time... ) and as this causes his and my heart to soften, this usually makes him respond by accepting my peace offering and forgiving me. As a result he will then reflect upon himself and ask me for forgiveness(..!..) and then we talk it out(i'm big on communication;-) Sounds simple, but this way i know i'm not giving the devil a foothold and the problem is solved when it's still minor;-)
Marriage (and Holy Spirit) is teaching me about being able to humble myself.. The same principle works in my friendships. I ask the Holy Spirit to help and guide what and when to say things, and believe me, this (the humbling myself part..)didn't come naturally to me....but with God anything is possible.

Traveller

Sometimes it is hard for me to get out of strife and not being involved in strife. I have to remind myself oftentimes of the scripture where God says not to let the sun go down on your wrath, neither give place to the devil. So I am coming to learn before I go to bed that I have to let go of every single offence and unforgiveness in my life because if I don't I am just giving Satan the opportunity to wreak havoc in my life.