Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hind'sfeet

Someone made me very uncomfortable tonight...

I just started a ballet class last week and and today we had class. This is not a serious class just something free here on post. So this middle aged woman comes to class that didn't attend all last week. Always talking to the teacher but in a mumbling in an annoying way, like she has to give a reason for her not being in the class last week but no one is listening kind of thing and just rambling on and on. What really made me uncomfortable was that she would look up towards the ceiling and ask God questions out loud in front of everyone. At first I thought she was just trying to make up her mind and just threw God in there, but then she answered herself out loud. She even targeted me to talk to about God telling her husband to buy sheet music to learn to play guitar and once he gets the hang of it then the fun starts. I was a little embarrassed that she was telling me because of how it shocked my system.
At the same time I felt guilty (because she was seemingly a fellow christian) for being uncomfortable and not wanting her attention at all.
I guess my question is: Am I wrong?

No, not at all. What made me uncomfortable was her making a scene with her ramblings and that she was talking to God in the way that she was and to me.

Your meeting her or having that experience with her is not by chance. In situations like that, pray. God allowed your paths to cross so you can pray. She may not be mentally all there (based on your description), but she is still loved by God. Who knows what she's going through or have been through? Your prayers may be just what God needs in order to do something spectacular in her life.

I don't think you are wrong in the way you feel however to keep yourself from turning cold hearted...prayer is the answer...it's the answer to everything.

I'm glad you have started your ballet classes!!! Have you started the Pilates class as well?

amen Cholette!

I always wanted to learn ballet but I thought you had to be little when you start learning. wow that reminds me of a dream I had! lol I was on a ballet dance team or something. can't remember the details though.. oh wait yea I do... I was really good lol that's funny cause I have no rythum at all!

Thank you Cholette! I will pray for her then and I totally understand about turning cold hearted. I def. don't want to turn cold hearted!!

Well, Cholette and Daph, I did start my Pilates class! It's on mondays and this time I took my son with me which is always comical to everyone watching him, he's like a wiry gumby! I wished I was that flexible when I was little... never happened.
So, ballet starts of pretty simple with positions of the feet! I think it's a good idea for any size to do it because it works the core and balance on top of building muscles, and working on posture. What gets me confused with the steps is when the teacher faces us and she says inside leg or outside leg and I tend to watch more than listen, she uses the same leg she says to use but facing us it's opposite for me and my brain does mirroring and not opposites, So confusing! Luckily they have a parallel bars so you can stand on either side. Today I thought it would be good if I switched on and off, but she works both side of the body equally and I won't be doing the switching thing anymore!

Oh, I love Pilates!! There are people of all ages and sizes and it's SO good of a workout and we are sitting on the mat for most of it.

Pilates ROCKS! love it. Back to the lady in the class... it sounds as if she may be schizophrenic and needs to see a psychiatrist.

Golden, it sounds like her husband does that same thing though. I did pray for her. I didn't see her at ballet yesterday though.