Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeWine

Familier Spirits And Past Lives

A legitimate question.

You see them on talk shows, you may have read their books. You may have had these experiences yourself: People who have talked to the dead, or claimed they have lived past lives.

It is a fact that has been documented in many places that some people have experienced what is called "residual impressions of former lives". The word of God does not support any teaching or belief that states, man has lived multiple lives. Christ himself was not "reincarnated". He was resurrected, and that is a world of difference.

So here is the question: How is it that there are documented circumstances where people, even children, have claimed to have been in another life, and have known details, unpublished, of some who lived and are now dead?

It is no great mystery when you understand the biblical teaching of an invisible world. Most commonly called the spirit realm.

The bible clearly tells us that there are, in fact, familiar spirits in the world. The word familiar in the English bible comes from the Latin word familiaris. Meaning household, family, servant of the household. This describes "spirits" that have familiarity with households, families, clans and various people groups. Information from these spirits gained by psychics and mediums is passed to the individual who they are consulting with, providing pertinent information that only those households, individuals, family, or people groups, would know in any given generation. This gives legitimacy to the medium, psychic, or hypnotist. The bible, however, proves they are very much illegitimate, for that matter, illegal.

Lev 19:31 Regard not them that have FAMILIAR SPIRITS, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have FAMILIAR SPIRITS, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Deut 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with FAMILIAR SPIRITS, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

Often times people who have opened themselves up to psychics, mediums, spiritists, or hypnotists, begin to have "experiences" that lead them to believe they have lived other lives. When they research the information they have received through these encounters, it is found to be vaguely factual in many cases. This experience also includes psychic readings of haunted houses, and places, as well; where information from the psychic, or medium reading a haunting, will come up with information about events or people historically attached to that place.

Mistakenly, these individuals take this information for face value believing that disembodied human spirits are roaming the hallways of a dwelling, or that past lives are being discovered in the remnants of their memory. It is nothing more than familiar spirits, as referred to in the bible, feeding these individuals with information that confirms their belief in reincarnation, along with the false assumption that the lost dead, wander between life and death, to give the living messages from beyond. Those who have delved in these occult practices, all most always become more advanced in a belief system that the bible calls, doctrines of devils. Their teachers are not the Holy Spirit, but impostors, liars, the fallen ones whose sole desire is to deceive and control human beings. There end is the Lake of Fire.

Because these spirits witness generations of people on this earth who have come and gone. Their knowledge of human nature and human weakness has been compiled through the ages. They learn how to serve the doctrine and belief system to keep people loyal to it, generation after generation. However, the word of God explicitly warns those who entertain familiar spirits, not to do so. And those who go after false gods and doctrines of devils will find themselves eternally lost, and separated from Him.They will encounter broken and mangled lives, to often minds, as well.

We should also consider that these evil spirits have had generations to perfect their lies. The legions that the Lord Jesus Christ cast out of the man in the tombs, still walk the earth today. It would stand to reason that the enemy has adjusted his tactics over the years, to be more affective in what he does. I believe that is one of the reasons why Jesus said, if men do these things when the tree is green, how much worse will it be when it has become dry? Luke 23:29. In other words, evil will become more evil; more expert at being evil. As he said in another place, "...if those days had not been shortened, all mankind would have been destroyed".

Mathew 12:42-45 43
"When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

Lucifer knows the Word of God better then the greatest of all theologians. In fact I would say, Satan is a theologian of theologians, and would not be surprised if he has possessed a few of them perfectly, now and in eras gone by. I am sure he has inspired many books, that sit in our University libraries today. He is a master at twisting God's word and even tried to deceive the son of God, Jesus Christ. Approaching him in the desert, to tempt him. He distorted the context and intent of the scriptures attempting to deceive him. And with the Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, Jesus fought back and overcame the one who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Today, the bible says that we overcome by the blood of the Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ, and by the word of our testimony! Amen!

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

So here we have it famous people out there making a lot of money deceived and deceiving others. They are giving people "readings" or relaying information from a dead loved one, to them. It would be cruel if all this was a lie, wouldn't it? Well, the devil is a cruel master. And has no regard for the truth or the ultimate good for those who are deceived by him. Yes, he will use what ever prop he can to sway you his way. Even the cruelty of using the passing of a child, to "hook" a grieving mother, father, or sibling into his web of deceit. When one knows Christ, one knows that the Holy Spirit is our great comforter, and he is able to comfort us with hope and joy, even in the face of devastating loss. Jesus said, I will never leave you nor forsake you ... In my Fathers house are many mansions, if it were not so I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. That where I am you may be also...

There is an abundance of comfort found in the scriptures, the Word of Life, that is there for us to rely upon and set our hope in. The dark under world of Satan and his hordes can provide no lasting joy, only a temporary utopia where the mind is deceived into a comfort that does not last, in a belief that has no ground for standing. When truth sounds the alarm and demands the lie to come forth, the props of Satan and the mirage that is his kingdom will collapse beneath those who found his lies a refuge, because they LOVED not the truth. Because they did not chase after the Word of Truth, and His everlasting kingdom.

When Nirvana is finished it brings forth death.
(The tragic end of all false doctrine.)

For Buddhist the Highest state to achieve is called Nirvana. Most people believe that this is a state of perfect peace or bliss. It is a "wrap up" if you will of the cycle of lives and the working out of Karma. But actually, the meaning of this word is more truthful to it's true destination then most people realize. The word means to "extinguish" as a flame to a candle is "extinguished" or "put out". It is the end of the cycle of rebirth and death. This in itself is a haunting reality to those who follow other gods besides the one and only true God. It is also the end of those who practice sorcery and spiritism. Yes, they will come to a time where their light will be extinguished as the flame to the candle is put out ... along with those, so called Christian prophets, who followed after the error of Balaam ...

Revelation 22:13-17 (New King James Version)
[b]The Words of Jesus to John

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

by NeWine
[/b]

Next: Familiar Spirits Part II
Can a Christians consult familiar spirits? The Error of Saul.

Etymology Nirvana
1836, from Skt. nirvana-s "extinction, disappearance" (of the individual soul into the universal), lit. "to blow out, a blowing out" ("not transitively, but fire ceases to draw;" a literal Latinization would be de-spiration), from nis-, nir- "out" + va "to blow" (see wind (n.)).

~NeWine,

It is said that even Satan himself was an angel of light and will fool many into thinking that he is the Christ and will sit on the throne of temple and call himself God. The spirits are not ignorant they are all to aware what is in the word like you have mentioned. But Jesus came that we may overcome the world (not just this world but even the spiritual world). We cannot do it in our own power but in the power of Him who lives in us. For where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.

To answer the question: Spirits are familiar like you said with the family history and so on and would project a thought to the persons mind that they had been there before, hence, deja vu and the like. I can see how people would be easily fooled.

The Lord said that man has but one life and to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. No room there for multiple lives or the like. We have to remember that satan is just a big fat liar and a thief and he will stop at nothing to steal people and their souls only to be thrown into the pit in the end.

Good topic I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing it with us and I hope that my comments bring you closer to the understanding you seek.

God bless!! Love in Jesus,

Conn
ie~

Yes, Amen!

His Name is far above every name that is named!

Luke 10:18
And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

As you quoted and as I stated in the article'

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

We are certainly are not to be ignorant of the devils devices. Thank you for your comments.
-God bless thumbs

Guest Guest
NewWine, I'm looking forward to Part II. I have actually encountered a couple of situations recently where I believe that the Lord has revealed to me that familiar spirits are working through believers...twisting a prophetic gifting. I look forward to seeing what the Lord has shown you!

Sandra P wrote:
NewWine, I'm looking forward to Part II. I have actually encountered a couple of situations recently where I believe that the Lord has revealed to me that familiar spirits are working through believers...twisting a prophetic gifting. I look forward to seeing what the Lord has shown you!

I understand what you are saying. We need to be diligent to keep the prophetic flow undefiled. ... Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1John 4:1

Guest Guest
Yes! Exactly!

that was an very good take on familiar spirits and past lives...people look so hard in all the wrong places for the answers that would give them hope...not surprising why they are not able to find it...

randomhit10