Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hind'sfeet

feeling opressed

We celebrated Pesach yesterday and I had also fasted that day up till Pesach. Today I feel SO down and tormented. It's a beautiful day and I want to get dressed and take my son out but I'm feeling horrible emotionally. All these horrible thoughts keep popping up in my mind and I had a HORRID dream this morning.

Do you feel emotional toward something in particular? Maybe whatever is weighing on you heavily is a call for you to intercede in prayer.
Just a thought. I know this is a very important week.

Wings, there isn't any one thing that's making me feel this way and I can't put a finger on it. I think I might be PMSing. I hate this, I KNOW I'm pmsing because I don't generally feel like this any other time of the month other than when I'm pmsing (so I've noticed). I grouched at my son last night worse than usual.
Please pray that God will speak to me about it. I find it hard to trust God to make me feel better instead of turning to other things to make me feel better.

Thank you for praying for me Wings

awe..I giggled a little reading that. Only because I can honestly understand what your saying...I'm not laughing at you. For awhile I thought there was something wrong with me...ONCE A MONTH. I felt depressed every time. But come to find out it was my cycle. I still go through it. Some people take medication...but I'm not a fan. I just make sure I get my vitamins, a well balanced diet can do wonders. but also a good dose of comfort food sometimes snaps me out of it (ice cream or chocolate) LOL

I have a stationary bike that I use sometimes to blow of steam I pray you feel better!!

Thank you for Totally understanding Wings!!! Your reply just made me feel a little better I'm thinking about going out for some Thai food now, hitting the book store, or yeah, getting some icecream with my son :)

I'm praying for you too. Although I understand the physical side to this, I also understand that after fasting, the enemy usually retaliates. There doesn't have to be anything in particular that he's after you about, he just comes with his foot on the emotions. Satan came and tried to get Jesus off track when He finished His fast. Jesus Himself had to take the Word and stand His ground. After a couple of rounds...the Bible says (in one of the gospels accounts) the angels came and ministered to Jesus.

My prayer is that you be ministered to by the Holy Spirit during this time. He loves you Hindsfeet!!!

That's a good one "foot on the emotions" too true. I'll read some Bible before I get ready to go, see what God has to say to me.

Thank you Cholette

2 Chronicles 20:8-9

Your people settled here and built this Temple to honor your name. 9 They said, 'Whenever we are faced with any calamity such as war, plague, or famine, we can come to stand in your presence before this Temple where your name is honored. We can cry out to you to save us, and you will hear us and rescue us.'