Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaMa

how to deal with nightmares

my friend has been having nightmares for a long time. she always dreams of dead people, ghosts or people being chopped off into several parts. several times she also had dreams about bugs and scorpions crawling all over her bed. she also saw ghosts before. her family are all idol worshipers. she is the only Christian in her family. she tries very hard to get closer to God, but whenever her family or her in-laws come over to see her and her family she will start having nightmares again. (her in-laws are stronger idol worshipers as well). they will even bring some idols to put inside my friend's house. i prayed with her once and the nightmares stopped. but one time she went to some idol worshiper's house nightmare came back again.
anyone knows how to totally cut this off from her? i prayed with her again today for her visit next month to see her family and her in-laws. she really hopes that will stop. she is a Christian now. she belongs to God now. her daughters also saw something before. thanks!

Keep praying/pleading the blood of Jesus over her and her daughter (and her house). If her family is worshipping idols, this opens them and their house up for darkness and it's entities to come in. Demons have free entry when they've been given the legal right to be there (not by your friend) but by her relatives. The blood of Jesus, when plead over your friend is her most powerful protection, tell her that by her being born again and being a child of Jesus Christ she has authority to tell the enemy/demons not to harass her in her house as they don't have the rights to her, like u said, she belongs to Jesus.. Her dreams/nightmares might be pointing out the reality of what's going on in the house. As her family isn't saved, and actively pursuing darkness(by worshipping idols) this is a difficult situation for her and she will need constant covering:she already has that by being a christian but might need to learn how to apply/walk in that; based on the Word (Living out Ephesians 6:10-18) and besides that you can pray for her on an ongoing base too from wherever u are.
My husband often had (sometimes still has) nightmares (he's not saved), so I see it as my duty to plead the blood of Jesus over ourselves every night before we go to sleep. On a regular base I too pray through my whole house/bedroom and if necessary annoint with oil (in particular when he's having a lot of nightmares/seeing things and general strife..).
Pray this be of help. God bless you. She's blessed to have a godly friend in you who can pray for/with her too.

I agree with traveller and would add that she can do a prayer walk through her home (Mama maybe you can do this with her) to cast the demons out and anoint the doorways and windows of her home. Additionally, I would leave anointed worship music playing consistently both during this period and especially when her unsaved relatives visit. I had relatives visit during Christmas and played worship music as well as warfare prayer points on my pc continuously - the volume was barely audible but the spirits heard it! I could see the uncomfortableness building among my relatives over the course of their stay...in the last days it got to the point where they stayed in one of the bedrooms all day and only came out to eat meals.....

Pleading the blood of Jesus over her mind/thoughts/dreams/visions/bed/bedroom/family/home/etc. every night before going to bed will definitely cause her nightmares to cease, please encourage her to do this....

Keep us posted to let us know how things progress with her, ok?

i have heard of using oil to anoint things. but i don't really know how to do it exactly. can you two tell me more about it?
thank you so much for all the helpful tips. i really definitely ask her to try doing it.
can you two also help praying for her and her family while they go visiting her relatives next month? she and her daughters will usually get sick when they stay with her relatives.
what about fasting? i heard fasting is very powerful as well. thanks a lot!