Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeavenlyBlack

Prayer for my calling and my gifts.

Please pray that I may understand the calling God has upon my life. I'm feeling led in to be a musician, but I have severe social anxiety that comes and goes and I don't know how I'd be able to perform. Also I need to understand what gifts I've been given. The Father gave me the ability to speak in tongues but has not answered my prayer to interpret, and I also was given the gift of discernment several years ago, but He took it away within minutes of giving it. At least so it seems. I feel I need that gift because like many here I seek guidance and insights on my future in my dreams and other's and I want to know when it is of the Lord. I seem to have a knack for interpreting dreams too. At least I feel I do, not sure. Could I possibly be a seer? And please pray for me to have wisdom in my love life. I've been alone for a long time, and several years ago Jehovah spoke to my heart and told me that I was promised someone, but not who. And I have a lot of reservations and fears because I don't understand how a woman would be with a mentally ill and essentially poor man.

Thank you,
Tony

Hello Heavenly Black...

First of all I want to share a scripture with you..."For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29). God is NOT one to give you a gift and take it back. Once He gives you one, then it's yours, whether you tap into it of not.

Your desire to be a musician is of God. If you have the natural talent to play an instrument or to sing, I can almost guarantee you that your "feeling led" is of God. I sing in the church and I have been since I was a child. I am now a part of a new church and it is HUGE compared to the one I just left. I just signed up to be a part of their music ministry and I have to admit, there is some anxiety there as well. You have to push pass that and move forward. It leaves once you get settled in where you are supposed to be.

As far as speaking in tongues...we ALL have been given the right to have a prayer language (to pray in tongues), because that is our right as a child of God who has the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I'm not sure if you have the "Gift of Tongues" which is what certain people have who do sometimes interpret. From my understanding with THAT gift, some can interpret and some can't. In my church, we had a moment during a move of God where a lady prayed out in tongues and then someone else interpreted. That's not to say that she couldn't interpret, but it was meant for the other person to interpret. Trust me, if you have the gift of tongues, relax a little and allow God to do a work in you. It's just like a baby walking, they just don't get up and know how to walk, they wobble and fall before their legs are strong enough to run. Let God do it in you...He's faithful to complete what He began in you.

Most people DO NOT know specifically who they are going to be married to. From what I've heard, both people usually know when they are right for each other. What I discern about you is that you are anxious and in that you want things NOW...you want answers NOW. Reeeelllaaaaax...and let God do all that He's going to do. You are young and full of zeal for the Lord. It will work out in you, trust me...most of all TRUST GOD!!!

"A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men." (Proverbs 18:16)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

heavnly... i agree w/sis Cholette ( Hi sis cholette)

for me reading the word has helped me get revelations from the Lord for such things... im still waitin an prayin about it.. dont have all the answers yet...

I realized He wanted me to "rest" in Him... and Trust in Him that He knws that is best....an will reveal in due time...

an as sis cholette mentioned "be anxious for nothin.."

Thank you guys. I definitely KNOW I need to chill. My mental illnesses load me with anxiety and fear... anyways, I took a step out and tried to contact someone I was interested in and it crashed and burned, so I'm moving on.

NEXT! hahaha