Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christina

I need a miracle!

Brothers & Sisters -

Please pray for me - I'm afraid I am losing it!

I've been out of work on unemployment for a couple months and am making it, if it weren't for my lease-to-own renters moved out and I'm paying that mortgage with my rent and expenses, too. The house needs work - the obvious kind of work, carpet, paint, etc and it is just not selling. My realtor also has it on the lease-to-own market, and it's not getting any hits.

I've handled a lot of challenges in this life, but this house has been my achilles' heel for some time, and honestly - it is the one thing that could send me over the edge. I realized this morning when I woke up at 10:30 on the couch where I have been laying since last Thursday, unshowered, and sobbing for days that maybe I'm headed for depression if I don't get it together. So, I'm showered and really trying to get going again.

This house represents so much misery - lost marriages, failed pregnancies, lost career and then mortgages that make me financially enslaved to this building. If there is anything that could make me want to leave this earth - it is all wrapped up in this house and how it steals my peace.

I can't give this thing away - I need prayers for a miracle!

It will financially depleat me within a month or so, and I'm trying to buy a distributorship and put myself to work. I won't be able to do both. The last time this house issue became critical, I walked the house with oil and prayed and it's been a great dwelling for my last renters - so it's just me that has a problem with it.

Please pray that the Lord will provide me with a miracle and release me from this bondage! Thank you -

Christina -

I just prayed for you. Please let us know how things turn out...

Christina...have you sought God on the purpose or IF there is a purpose for this home?

I had a friend who's husband left her and a 5 year old child and the house payment was way too high for her to take on alone. She put the house on the market and NO ONE looked at it NOR was interested in it. We prayed and prayed and prayed...NOTHING!!

Finally she ran into a woman who she had not seen in ages and she asked her if she was still a school teacher (which she was) and was amazed that after 15 years, she was till teaching kindergarten. They got into a conversation about the pay level that she was on after being a teacher for that many years. She found out that she was TWO levels below where she was supposed to be. She went into the school district and within minutes, she was able to recoup back pay PLUS her income went up almost $20,000 per year...YES!!

Now that she is STILL in the house, she realized that God's purpose for her house was to be a safe haven during these bad economic times. She has been able to house people who's homes were foreclosed on and bring forth ministry to them. God had a plan and a purpose for her to stay where she was. Like you, her back was against the wall in keeping this property, but God had another way...he brought someone from her past to inform her that she has been underpaid for awhile.

I'm in no way sayin to you that you are supposed to keep this home, but what I am saying is to seek God on whether HE has a purpose with something that you deem "bondage". God is faithful and He does NOTHING to us to make us fail or go broke. What causes us to fail at times because we don't know the purpose of a thing. We can all learn from my friend's trial...God is after purpose...it's up to us to know what that is, by seeking HIM.

I'm praying for you...rise up Woman of God...the JOY of the LORD is your STRENGTH!!!!

You WILL make it through this! The Lord is lining something up for you. It will happen....God is taking care of it all in HIS good timing.

I will pray for you sister.

Love in Christ.

Thank you guys for your prayers and encouragement!

Cholette, that would be way more than I even hope for if something like that would happen! It's encouraging to hear!

I've been praying for the Lord's will for this house for some time. I thought I had found His answer when a couple who work for my church leased to own it for the last two years. It would be awesome for the Lord to use this house to bless someone else.

The bondage conclusion is just how to me the house represents the misery and bondage of an ungodly choice I made despite a blatant warning from the Lord, that messed up my open, loving walk with the Lord - and consequently - all aspects of my life. Including financially - which using my home's equity, put me in financial bondage to this house.

Almost everything else has worked itself out except this house issue, which is the one life-struggle that is able to topple me. Maybe I've rolled it into a Lord's judgement issue or something...?

Thank you for encouraging me - this is a tough one that feels like it keeps coming back and will never JUST END!

Well, it's definately not "a Lord's judgement issue" because every error, sin and mistake you have made or will make has been put on Jesus and nailed to the cross. You have been justified through Christ. The bondage you feel is because you haven't forgiven yourself...it's condemnation and a healing that you may need. God doesn't see all that has taken place in there and you are FREE from ALL bondage because of Christ.

I just really feel in my heart that there is something BIGGER here...I really do. God NEVER withholds unless there is a plan involved. Just go to God once again...lay all of that misery that you feel that is attached to the house at His feet and see if you can hear something with a clear heart.

I'm not saying that what I'm saying is THE answer, but when I read your plea...something seems to be going on behind the scenes that is God Orchestrated. It really reminded me of my friends situation, which is why I shared the story.

Still praying...

You've got some great points - I will definately pray some more on it.

I sure hope whatever it is, it's revealed soon.

Many thanks for all viewpoints and prayers!