Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrswilliams

Born with a Veil

Hi Everyone,

Have any of you heard the phrase "Being born with a veil over your face"? One of my aunts told me that my Godmother was born this way and that she was supposed to have a real connection with God. I asked her where she heard that from and she said "THey" lol. We all know what "They" means. I had this conversation with my aunt over a month ago but, it came back to my attention. In the Bible the Veil are head coverings for women, curtain in the temple and as a concelment of understanding. " Being born with a Veil or Caul" acording to google says this (There are many beliefs about what it means, and why a baby would be born with a caul.

In medieval times it was considered good luck to be born with a caul. The silky membrane was often pressed onto a piece of paper and presented to the mother as a good luck charm.

Later, the actual caul was saved and sold to others for the same purpose.

In the psychic world, it is more often regarded as a “veil”. And a baby born with a veil is destined for great things.)

Have any of you every heard of this? This term dosen't give me a good feeling and I'm definately going to pray for my Godmother even more.

Idk, ive never heard of that. Im not saying she isnt close to the Lord or have a special connection with him, but it sounds a little superstitious to me... scratching chin

Hi, I agree with Daphanie. In my home country born with the veil is called an old-wives-tale..based on superstition. It's when the child's eyebrows are (nearly) touching each other, nothing else.

It's just a remnant of the Amniotic Sac that we are born in that's left over the babies face when they are born not a unibrow laugh

You guys are funny..It could be an old wives tales because different countries believes it means different things but, Old Wives tales start from somewhere or some situation they don't just appear out of no where. So I will definately pray for my auntie becuase if there isn't a scripture in the Bible to support then it means that it's not a good thing.

Thank you all for answering...May God Bless you for taking the time out to respond.

Funny that this topic is being bought up cause just the other day I was thinking about this because my stepfather always told us that he was born with a veil over his face so from my understanding he could see in the spirit world 😕

Really.......From my research it pertains to pyschic powers. Alexander The Great was supposdly born this way as well. From my understanding he wasn't a Great Man.